JConcepts 1/5 scale tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirkdiggler

Reaction score
Any one try these ? I’m kinda liking the look !!

https://jconcepts.net/magmas--pre-mounted-large-scale

EAFE332F-FEC0-4FD7-8291-59A865290890.png

They look nice. I thought the price was high until I saw they're beadlocked. Proline prices are similar, if they are as good as pro line tires it will be worth it. Those things are heavy af though, seem heavier than mx43's and similar to trencher weight which is kind of crazy.

They look nice. I thought the price was high until I saw they're beadlocked. Proline prices are similar, if they are as good as pro line tires it will be worth it. Those things are heavy af though, seem heavier than mx43's and similar to trencher weight which is kind of crazy.
Agreed....I dig the tread pattern and the beadlocks are awesome, but that weight....man I can't get on board with that for that price. Talk about unsprung weight...say sayonara to those 3.5mm outdrive pins and diff cups if you are anything above soft driver.

Weight of a single tire and wheel is 2lb 2oz/964 grams

Trenchers are 1.4lbs each, so 5.6lbs for a set of trenchers vs 8.5lbs for the magmas 😳
LOL that has to be a typo omg

If these weights are accurate, who in the hell would but them ? I have mashers and that’s about as heavy I will go. It’s a shame because these tires look awesome… Someone buy them, weigh them and if the weights are accurate, then return them !!! 😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝

If these weights are accurate, who in the hell would but them ? I have mashers and that’s about as heavy I will go. It’s a shame because these tires look awesome… Someone buy them, weigh them and if the weights are accurate, then return them !!! 😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝
lol that's funny, mashers light af! You're missing out on a lot of good tires!! even kraton exb tires weigh more than mashers :eek:

After looking at a few videos on these (exocage, etc) they seem to be pretty awesome. Unfortunately imo not for any decent arrma or traxxas bashing. I think these would really shine on the true 1/5th scale cars like the Kraken Vekta, 30DN trucks and buggies and that rare (if you haven't seen it check it) FID racing Voltz.

They actually looked really cool in exocaged video! I wish they were just a little lighter.

Because of the high weight or for some other reason?
Lots of unsprung weight plus high traction surfaces plus high punch on a torquey motor plus attempting things like standing backflips...etc lead to parts not made to deal with that much stress breaking quite frequently.

Because of the high weight or for some other reason?
First time I ever had problems with my kraton was trenchers + castle 2028 1100kv lol. Snapped rear dogbones on the 2nd pack with that setup. You definitely have to do some upgrades to handle that weight. I'm running m2c overkill dogbones now. These new tires are somehow even heavier than trenchers though which is nuts.

What I described above was exactly what was going on with me. Those beadlocks on pavement hook so hard. When you break em loose they actually sound like full size tires which is rad....but hell on your drivetrain... I went back to stock control arms in the rear and kept my rpms up front. Tbh, I haven't really run my truck hard in 4 weeks after I added the bash bar, control arms, overkills and dialing down my xlx2....so who knows.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back