Kraton JConcepts BAJR body on Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72Z15SS

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Nero
  3. Raider
I got my body yesterday and this morning started fitting it on the Kraton. Also have some wheels to try, (If they come off). I'll be uploading more pictures as it goes, but I got her down on the shock towers. I want to keep as much of the wheel wells as possible for strength and coverage of the inner chassis. More pics to come...

Where to start.jpg
Where to start? Remove the wing and center body to chassis. Trim rear section around the wing mount.

First cut around wing.jpg

Needed a bit more....

Second cut around wing.jpg

Rough cuts around suspension and rear wing. I want this as tight as possible without hitting!
Rough fit around wing.jpg

Last edited:
Continued on:
I moved the shocks in to the inner holes, then kept trimming around the wheel wells until I got her down on the shock towers. I can still use the front mounts even though the body does touch them.(I'll put foam on the top of them) Next I moved on to drilling front mounting holes, then compressing the suspension to see where I have to cut (around wheels) next and how much.
Like I said, I want to keep as much material as I can to cover the inner chassis. The front is not finished, but I might make it round on the bottom front of the body. Have some ideas for that.

Final fit front left.jpg

Finished fitting, but still need to trim more around the wheels. I'm kind of thinking truggy in the rear as you can see from the green marker in the rear. Only problem so far with the front is those tires ballooning while turned. There's always a solution even if I have to cut more off.
Final fit front.jpg

Shes about as low as I can go!!!
Final fit side view.jpg

@WoodiE: I meant for this to post in the Build Logs section. Can you move it there for me please? ;)

Last edited:
Continued working on the body and it's almost ready for paint. Just need to cut and mount rear posts...
I removed the old posts and fabricated a new rest to mount the posts to.
Body mount top view.jpg

Used a piece of aluminum angle and cut it to fit around wind mounts.
Body mount rest installed 2.jpg

Next picture is a set of mud flaps I made to fit. I used some thick ABS plastic I had lying around.

Mudflaps installed.jpg

Finished trimming around wheel wells. Just need to smooth out the lines...
I'm liking the way it's starting to look!

Angle shot after trimming.jpg

Front shape finished
Front of body.jpg

More pics:

Side shot after trimming.jpg

Wow, she's wider now!
Width of front 1.jpg

Width of front 2.jpg

Now I have to come up with a color scheme. Thinking Red, Black and White, or Silver. I want to use the same colors as on the original body.

Looks awesome.

I'm going to try no wing with my next body. Just because.

I like the front of yours. Pretty sweet

That's a nice looking shape.

Attachments

• IMG_0289.JPG
    IMG_0289.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 94
Looks awesome.

Thanks Vanning. Cool Body! Is that the Grave Digger body?

Looks awesome.

I have that same body on an old Clodbuster.

Painted and installed these while I had a smoke break... LOL

OK so back to the body. Today I finished the body posts and fitted the body, then started to mask the inside.
Body posts 2.jpg
Body mounted.
Body mounted1.jpg
First color finished.
First color1.jpg
Second color finished.
Second color side top.jpg
Second color side.jpg
Stripes were painted next. The white really made it pop.
Third color front.jpg
Sitting in front of the fireplace while I upload these pics to my computer. Still needs window trim removed and I need to spray tint on them, put on some headlights, stickers etc. but it's finally finished. I can drive it like it is but I'll wait until it's complete.
Original body is safely packed away!
Window mask removed. Forgot to upload this...
20161223_230535.jpg

Attachments

• Mudflaps painted and installed.jpg
    Mudflaps painted and installed.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 142
  • Finished paint.jpg
    Finished paint.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Thanks Vanning. Cool Body! Is that the Grave Digger body?

Yeah Parma .. it looks pretty cool. I'm only going to hit it with one color and be done. It's a 50 Chevy Pannel Van. I'll leave the grill in and paint it more as a regular vehicle and not use any decals it came with. I saw Tp use it and it appeared to be the shape I want. I have a VW bug body on another car and the round tops work well for me. This body has a nice rounded top also. If done right, they take a nice roof landing. Lol.

As long as it doesn't cave in.

I'm going to put something on the doors where the colors come together. I have 2 FastEddyBearings stickers I think fit really good and it will tie it all together in that spot. I am NOT finished yet!
It needs some headlights in the front.

Last edited:
I might look at putting a bumper in the front, there's no protection out there.

Glad to know your thoughts on the servo, I just ordered a OEM replacement for mine. I wanted a Savox, but I was able to order other stuff with the money I saved. Since I want to try new some of the bigger tires, both on and off road, I may just have to go get the Savox anyway.

Glad to know your thoughts on the servo, I just ordered a OEM replacement for mine. I wanted a Savox, but I was able to order other stuff with the money I saved. Since I want to try new some of the bigger tires, both on and off road, I may just have to go get the Savox anyway.
Tower has a few RCGear Shop servos on sale right now but not sure if the digital servos will work with the stock setup. Probably will, but I'll wait until I have more time to test it. Looks like the Savox -1210SG might just fit... 1.6 x 0.8 x 1.6 inches I might even have a high power servo lying around somewhere. Bought a lot of stuff for my large scale planes and helis
The SW1210SG is the premier waterproof digital servo in the Savox Lineup. This coreless servo boasts 277.7 oz-in of torque and a speed of.15 at 6.0V. It combines leading edge technology with super high 12-bit (4096) resolution and steel gears for one versatile and waterproof servo! This is a great upgrade if your looking to drive your RC vehicle in any condition.rain, sleet, or snow

Last edited:
SWEET! I already had that servo on my cart on Amazon. Now just to price compare around town.

SWEET! I already had that servo on my cart on Amazon. Now just to price compare around town.
Here are the specs on the stock servo right from TH website.
Torque: 208 oz/in (15 kg/cm) @ 7.2V
4.8V 6V
Speed: 0.16 sec 0.14 sec
Dimensions: 1.6 x 1.5 x 0.79" (40 x 38 x 20mm)
Weight: 1.4oz (40g) without horn attached
Wire Length: 11.8" (300mm)
Signal: Analog
Spline: 25 tooth
Not sure if there's any wiggle room in there but you can measure the servo mount. I haven't yet myself. Busy with other things...

I was told that one would fit, so fingers are crossed.. I am hoping to ordering to order the GKA servo mount, so I can do all the work at once.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back