Talion Jconcepts Finnisher on Talion v3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sledgehog

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Looking for a new body to paint up and was looking at the Jconcepts Finnisher for the Mugen MBX-7t. I've seen people in threads and videos use the jc punisher or the proline bulldog for the mugen MBX-7T which seems to fit the talion with just a bit of the rear trimmed off.
Has anyone here actually put the currently available Finnisher on their v3 and can weigh in on the fit?
http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/finnisher-mugen-mbx7tr-body

Thanks in advance!

I want a clear body to paint myself and I like the style of the jconcepts finnisher or the proline bulldog better, and they are both better suited for track racing.
Unfortunately noone has been able to answer either of my posts concerning them so far :(

Watching to find out if it fits

I won't get the body til' the 25th (it's an xmas present)
BUT I was told by the Jconcepts rep on FB that they are releasing a Kraton body that will surely fit the Talion very shortly.
Capture.JPG

So Frogtape SUCKS and paint ran underneath the side stencils I had made, even though I pressed it all down nice and firm. Had to salvage it best I could by covering the whole side areas where the orange ran. Lesson learned! Glad I still had some stickers left over from the breeder I got Shelby from to help cover up the crappola
1f603.png
:D
Anyways, introducing Shelby Doo's Sledgehog Mk II. Coming soon to a track near you!
1f603.png
Also, obligatory Shelby pic :D
IMG_20190102_034809.jpgIMG_20190102_034817.jpgIMG_20190102_034543.jpgIMG_20180712_203123.jpg

It does look great. Looks like an RPM bumper would fit that perfectly with the rounded shape of the front end. Not enough people seem to swap other truggy bodies on often enough. I do hope that pro-line releases something Talion specific to the Arrma styling with the P-L touch.

i like that body..it looks like the v2 body...the talion v3 got a body make over to make it a "speed truggy" but its one of the best bashers Arrma has...that makes it look more beefy.

I'm staying away from "bashing" style huge front bumpers on this one as it's a track racer. I found out on my Rustler I had to remove it because it was 'digging in" on too many jump landings.

Proline just released the kraton "brute" body which they told me would fit the talion with no issues (other than possibly making mount holes where they aren't pre-marked)
https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/brute-clear-body-kraton.asp

Jconcepts also has the body I posted about above that looks almost identical to this one.

It's funny too... when I got back into RC this past May, I really couldn't stand the look of the truggies. But after spending time at the track and watching them fly round, the style really grew on me and now I love it. :D

i would love to track race my talion but the tracks around me are too small even though they are "1/8" scale...its not even fun with the talion...Its too fast and big.....im an arrma fanatic but im goin with a losi or mugen for a track buggy or truggy...

i would love to track race my talion but the tracks around me are too small even though they are "1/8" scale...its not even fun with the talion...Its too fast and big.....im an arrma fanatic but im goin with a losi or mugen for a track buggy or truggy...

The Tekno ET/EB410 is a sick kit! Lots of guys at my local track race them and it's def what I'd pick up when I take the leap into kit racing.

Yeah, I love track racing and I love losi, mugen and that one is sick too...Those are pure bred track cars... no doubt... Arrma is a whole diff beast...Its just a basher to me...I spend summers at the track and will prob get a track car this year...I wouldnt even consider an Arrma at track though...

This will be the first season I race my talion on the 1/8 track, but one of my buddies raced his for two seasons there and kept up with the teknos, mugens, and losis np :) And there's some actual team drivers that attend there, not all just amateurs. You'd be surprised!

Here's the track I'll be tackling (not the one in the thumbnail, lol) ... there's some random racing footage a minute or so in.

Yup I bought the Talion because above all its still a badass basher. The Kraton is nice but for me the Talion is much more fitting. I bought the RPM bumper purely for protection as it will be bashed 90% more than raced. I'm not a fan of how big the TBR stuff is and P-L was more appealing to me. I don't really like the P-L Kraton body as I definitely prefer the truggy look. I've got a few Savages with different monster truck bodies.

If I wanted to be more serious about track racing I'd probably prefer to build a kit such as Tekno or TLR. I'm thinking I opened pandoras box when I bought the Talion. Not only do I want more Arrmas but I want to build another kit pretty bad.

dude, that is a long track...My tracks are all way shorter with less straight runs with jumps and more turns..which one was the talion? I couldnt even tell. white or the one with yellow wing?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back