Talion Jconcepts Finnisher on Talion v3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I love that track. I run my Rustler on the 1/10 but going only twice made me want something I could run on the 'big boys" track. But a tekno kit was going to set me back almost $1200 and I just didn't have the budget for that so I went with the Talion. :)

Last edited:
yeah man, but that is a really big track...idk if ive ever even been to one with such long runs... Thats works good for a talion...

I just ordered a Finnisher body for the Kraton and will be swapping the Talion towers and shocks to the Kraton setup as well as installing Delrin shock pistons into the Kraton shock. I’ve reached the limit of the “Speed Truggy” suspension at the track. I’ll update once I get it painted and installed.

Finnisher body for Kraton. Putting final coat on now. Might try to do a smoke/tint on the windows... since I masked them off.

Per Jconcepts it requires using Kraton towers and shocks as well as Kraton style wing mount. I was already making those changes so can’t say if it would work on the Talion body mounts and towers.

Attachments

• 412A6847-248D-4910-BD98-7B9DC90DF7C2.jpeg
    412A6847-248D-4910-BD98-7B9DC90DF7C2.jpeg
    430.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 7E1666C2-5E87-4540-BD72-B9D9F7B7B438.jpeg
    7E1666C2-5E87-4540-BD72-B9D9F7B7B438.jpeg
    379.5 KB · Views: 102
  • DAB0E1AE-C801-45B0-9D1F-DAD2815D05EB.jpeg
    DAB0E1AE-C801-45B0-9D1F-DAD2815D05EB.jpeg
    437.2 KB · Views: 101
I couldn’t get Talion decal sheet separate without buying a new Talion clear body. So I used heat gun and carefully pulled it off the original Talion body
I couldn’t get Talion decal sheet separate without buying a new Talion clear body. So I used heat gun and carefully pulled it off the original Talion body.
View attachment 34283
Looks great!! What colors did you use on the body?

The paint is Tamiya PS-12 Silver and PS-23 Gun Metal
Very nice contrast and great work!

I've been looking to use that Tamiya PS23 - Gun Metal color somewhere soon. Maybe with PS31 - Smoke.
My favorite color that I have used with black is the PS32 - Corsa Grey.
Used it on my Slash though :rolleyes:.

The Finisher body has been great but was due for a replacement from track duty. It’s pretty beat up from my punishment on Friday nights, weekends, and club races. It will be a good practice body from here on.
8EB65148-5B0F-4491-9651-A6879D5976AF.jpeg

I bought another one and did the similar paint scheme with a fluorescent yellow stripe similar to my MBX8 ECO buggy. The silver and grey is sharp but I needed that extra visual pop to help with seeing the truck especially at night at our local track.

I also got some Talion decals from @MacsCDP with silver instead of red and they turned out great! ??
13A52454-5BB0-4D31-9174-B2E3F6C64C1A.jpeg

22B80CE3-EFD3-48DE-AFCA-BA27685F13B5.jpeg

Hopefully this one lasts a little longer since I’m getting better and not spending as much time upside down. ?

Looks great! Remember, a lil' shoe goo goes a long way on cracked bodies :LOL:
Oh it’s definitely got drywall tape and shoe goo in the cracked areas...it’s getting to the point where it’s not helping and the cracks keep growing.

I will add drywall tape and shoe goo in these areas while it’s fresh as a preventative measure this time around.

The Finisher body has been great but was due for a replacement from track duty. It’s pretty beat up from my punishment on Friday nights, weekends, and club races. It will be a good practice body from here on.
View attachment 46037

I bought another one and did the similar paint scheme with a fluorescent yellow stripe similar to my MBX8 ECO buggy. The silver and grey is sharp but I needed that extra visual pop to help with seeing the truck especially at night at our local track.

I also got some Talion decals from @MacsCDP with silver instead of red and they turned out great! ??
View attachment 46039
View attachment 46040

Hopefully this one lasts a little longer since I’m getting better and not spending as much time upside down. ?

Thanks bro! and looks great without the red trim on the talion decals!

How does the Finisher body hold up over time? I hate how the stock Talion body hood area constantly rubs the front shock towers.

So Frogtape SUCKS and paint ran underneath the side stencils I had made, even though I pressed it all down nice and firm. Had to salvage it best I could by covering the whole side areas where the orange ran. Lesson learned! Glad I still had some stickers left over from the breeder I got Shelby from to help cover up the crappola
1f603.png
:D
Anyways, introducing Shelby Doo's Sledgehog Mk II. Coming soon to a track near you!
1f603.png
Also, obligatory Shelby pic :D
View attachment 26416View attachment 26417View attachment 26415View attachment 26414

Look over the first pic in post 32 above. That body had been through the ringer of 6 months of track duty at my my hands...hahaha

I am guessing that is the Finisher model for the Kraton and not the Tekno NT48.3?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back