JDowns Infraction Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDowns

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
Made good headway since picking up this beast. Just about ready for the tarmac. Finished off the carbon center brace, upgraded the gearbox housings with HR, upgraded the diffs and shocks with the ARRMA aluminum, running a Monster X and 1515-2200, custom side skirts and partial wheel wells to help keep out the rubber, custom shock covers, front grill, lower grill, headlights and tail lights, custom rear wing, removable front windshield, and a few other bits here and there.

Sometimes you worry that when someone messes with a good thing, it's gonna look wrong. This is soooooo not the case with your build @JDowns! The level of customization is incredible, especially considering how recent the release of the Infraction was. The inside bits are super, but the addition of the wheel wells, the removable windshield and that wild grill are just over the top. I just keep sliding back up to the pics as I write this, trying to soak it all in. Love the choice of paint color as well. If this is your handy work, I'd love to see what other rigs you've customized. Nothing else I can say but looooove it!

Honestly that is the coolest looking Infraction I've seen to date. Great job @JDowns . :love::cool:

The attention to detail is fantastic. @BashingBrian some inspiration for you. ;)

☝?Yup baddest azz yet

That is sweet,love that color you picked out. The lights install is incredible. Love it! Great work.

Dude!!!! ????

Looks awesome.

Thanks guys. This was alot of fun to build.

@JDowns ... That looks sick..!!! Can't figure out the color, is it silver or grey..??

@GMballistic ... already have some mods in the pipeline..?

Depends on the lighting. I started with three light coats of silver pearl with (2) drops of detail violet, then three coats of primer gray tinted wtih (10) drops detail violet and (40) drops black. Then finished off with three coats of Camo Ultra Flat Black. The entire inside of the body was then wrapped in Tesa Tape.

Very kewl ?

Deanodized the hr gearcases it looks like.

Yes the gearcases were deanodized then given a slight brushed look, finally finished off with an aluminum clear.

Sometimes you worry that when someone messes with a good thing, it's gonna look wrong. This is soooooo not the case with your build @JDowns! The level of customization is incredible, especially considering how recent the release of the Infraction was. The inside bits are super, but the addition of the wheel wells, the removable windshield and that wild grill are just over the top. I just keep sliding back up to the pics as I write this, trying to soak it all in. Love the choice of paint color as well. If this is your handy work, I'd love to see what other rigs you've customized. Nothing else I can say but looooove it!

Thanks man. Fortunatly I was able to get a body before ARRMA got around to shipping these. Tried to add a bit of dimensionality to it without going over the top. I eventually want to add FPV to the truck so a ultra clear windshield was important. Next I need to figure out how to either add a dashboard or HUD to the interior so real time data can be seen through the FPV.

I think ARRMA really hit a home run with this truck. Very easy to work on, so many possibilities to customize it, and just a blast to drive.

Last edited:
Made good headway since picking up this beast. Just about ready for the tarmac. Finished off the carbon center brace, upgraded the gearbox housings with HR, upgraded the diffs and shocks with the ARRMA aluminum, running a Monster X and 1515-2200, custom side skirts and partial wheel wells to help keep out the rubber, custom shock covers, front grill, lower grill, headlights and tail lights, custom rear wing, removable front windshield, and a few other bits here and there.

View attachment 45175
View attachment 45176
View attachment 45177
View attachment 45178
View attachment 45179View attachment 45180
Sweeeeeet. Can’t wait fu mine. Gotta be the hottest looking rc evaaaa

That is by far the nicest looking and well built Infraction to date. Very impressed.:)
You clearly put a lot of time, effort and creativity into it.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back