JDowns Kraton 8S Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Printed a attachment for the stand to balance these larger wheels.

Used some 8mm x 16mm bearings, standoffs, and 8mm x 150mm rod. Printed an attachment to glide onto the aluminum rail.

Then printed a wheel atachement that threads together then slides onto the mount. Works perfect and makes tire balancing a breeze.

IMG_2648.JPG

IMG_2649.JPG
IMG_2650.JPG

Printed a attachment for the stand to balance these larger wheels.

Used some 8mm x 16mm bearings, standoffs, and 8mm x 150mm rod. Printed an attachment to glide onto the aluminum rail.

Then printed a wheel atachement that threads together then slides onto the mount. Works perfect and makes tire balancing a breeze.

View attachment 76236
View attachment 76237View attachment 76238
That wheel balance mounted on the pit/car stand? So you can use it for other vehicles out on site as well?

If so, effin genius sir!! (y)

That wheel balance mounted on the pit/car stand? So you can use it for other vehicles out on site as well?

If so, effin genius sir!! (y)

Thanks man. Yeah the whole thing is meant to be portable. I cobbled this together from spare parts I had left over from other DIY projects.

I do have an idea for a killer pit station. Heading out Friday to meet with a local company who stocks some needed parts to come up with some ideas. But the concept will be a pit stand with storage for tools and small parts, added attachments like wheel balancing and shock tuning. Portable and accommodate different vehicles from small too large. And lightweight of course. Minus the 3D printing it should be something anyone can order and build for under $200. Can be less without some of the bells and whistles.

Thanks man. Yeah the whole thing is meant to be portable. I cobbled this together from spare parts I had left over from other DIY projects.

I do have an idea for a killer pit station. Heading out Friday to meet with a local company who stocks some needed parts to come up with some ideas. But the concept will be a pit stand with storage for tools and small parts, added attachments like wheel balancing and shock tuning. Portable and accommodate different vehicles from small too large. And lightweight of course. Minus the 3D printing it should be something anyone can order and build for under $200. Can be less without some of the bells and whistles.
✋I call first dibs and am willing to test whatever you need!! ;):LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yes, that sounds like a great idea. I would seriously buy one of those in a heartbeat for as much as I plan on trying to bash/race this summer! I really hope that works out for ya!

In both a non selfish and kind of selfish way!! ???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back