JDowns Limitless Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoping to get out this weekend and do a few runs and video the car. Got the vinyl done last night, and what a difference that makes to get the final touches done. I do want to de-anodize a few parts to get rid of the contrasting red, but she is pretty much done.

Thinking about stopping by the LHS tonight and picking up a Kraton 8S to start thinking about the next build adventure.

Hoping they don't have a Typhon....because I have been itching to do a custom Typhon build also, but the Kraton 8S will have more room to do fun things and I have a perfect bash spot practically in my backyard here in Phoenix in one of the preserves.

Thinking about stopping by the LHS tonight and picking up a Kraton 8S to start thinking about the next build adventure.

Hoping they don't have a Typhon....because I have been itching to do a custom Typhon build also, but the Kraton 8S will have more room to do fun things and I have a perfect bash spot practically in my backyard here in Phoenix in one of the preserves.
Pffft, after the last build, won't take much from me to follow you down the road of a new project!! ? :LOL:

I think the Kraton will come next. I do have a very large project on the whiteboard with a friend of mine. From a 30,000ft view. It may entail a solar powered autonomous amphibious craft with autonomous vehicles to plant undocumented flags on foreign soil. :rolleyes:

Sneak peek before filming.

IMG_2468.jpg

Is it a V1 or V2?

It's the version 1. My LHS had 3 in stock and all were from the original release. Not a big deal to me since I run a Futaba transmitter and had planned on the M2C chassis.

Once parts come rolling in I'll start on the project. I ordered the following today:

M2C chassis, motor mount, motor slides and shock rebuild kits.
Bearings kit from Jims Bearings.
Stainless steel screws from RCScrewz
Futaba Receiver
Castle Mamba Monster X 8S and motor. Can't wait for their new motors and try them out.
Batteries from SMC Racing
Bunch of carbon fibre sheets since this project used up the last bits I had here.

I'll need to decide on pinion setup . That will pretty much be the internal upgrades. Next trip into the LHS I'll have them order the replacement tray, extra shocks, spare arms, extra set of tires, and servo. I could order online but I like to support the local LHS and they are a great group of guys there.

jdowns K8S build soon?

Coming very soon.

Standing on a 10ft wide track, view from both sides, down about 20ft. I think if I help the city with some selective pruning this might be a great launch area. Deeper in the park there are some great trails and old ramps that folks used for motocross before the city banned motorcycles and ATV's.

IMG_2514.JPG

IMG_2515.JPG

Bit of a necromance here, but this build was mentioned in another thread. And the OP hasn't been back in a while which is a shame.

Nice build.

Wow!
Didn't even know this existed.

So glad it was re-found!
Anyone know what happened to OP?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back