Jenny’s RC stopped giving a discount?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
1654466874914.png

Has anyone else run into this?

Yes. Unfortunately...
The owner (Ted) stated that he was doing away with the discount back a month or so ago..

Good for jennysrc. They already sell parts at a reasonable rate. They gotta make money as well...

This, plus I'm sick of the whole marketing trend of trying to entice people to buy more using marginal discounts, coupons, loyalty programs, 'sign up for our email ads to receive a FREE $10 off your order!', etc.. Just give me good stuff for a fair price and nothing else, FFS. JRC already does that, so nice to see them bucking the trend.

This, plus I'm sick of the whole marketing trend of trying to entice people to buy more using marginal discounts, coupons, loyalty programs, 'sign up for our email ads to receive a FREE $10 off your order!', etc.. Just give me good stuff for a fair price and nothing else, FFS. JRC already does that, so nice to see them bucking the trend.
M2C went this route as well.

Doesn't work unfortunately, but it is a nice dream.

From a perspective of a giddy grade business owner. Everything is getting tough out here to stay competitive. Prices of everything has gone up and it’s one of those things where we can take the sacrifice to stay competitive or go the route of the big box store and pass all the expenses onto the costumer. I completely understand them doing away with the discount codes. Hope to one day be stable again to see them come back but until then make sure to support your small business.

I thought that the idea was to give more specific discounts at higher rates on overstock/slow moving type parts. I've had nothing but good luck with them and most the time forgot about the old discount until sometime after I ordered so it didn't help me as much. One of the fun things is sharing the 'gospel of Jenny's' to new people at bashes.
Hurricane

When I joined the forum I kept hearing members talk about getting stuff from Jenny's & didn't know what the heck they were talking about??!! Thought it was a local hobby shop or something! Gave tower too much of my $$ before I finally figured it out!🤣🤣 could almost be included in the sticky section for new members

I'm OK not asking for discounts from small businesses that I want to stay in business...
I've looked into it and RC industry has some pretty sub par margins. Which is why they need to rip you off the on all the tiny little things, to stay in business. Places like JennyRC is selling some of the lowest margin merchandise in the industry. I was talking it over with my wife and they wouldn't even dream of operating with margins that low at their business - just not enough money in it.

So long story short, those discounts hurt those businesses a lot more than you think (on any of the bigger ticket items)

There is a reason there are only few big distributors left.

IMO, 5% isn't enough of a discount to be a big deal for me. But for a small business a 5% discount on ALL orders is a big deal. With everything getting stupid expensive right now, losing that 5% discount is a small price to pay to help them stay profitable enough to stay in business.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back