Jenny’s RC uk tax

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siw

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I’m looking at ordering some stuff from Jenny’s Rc but as I live in the uk was wondering if it’s worth it.

although the prices are good and it still works out cheaper with shipping included, will I get stung by uk customs for more tax?

anyone from the uk used them before?

I’m looking at ordering some stuff from Jenny’s Rc but as I live in the uk was wondering if it’s worth it.

although the prices are good and it still works out cheaper with shipping included, will I get stung by uk customs for more tax?

anyone from the uk used them before?
I ordered from Greece 4 times. Jennyrc has half prices. The tax ain't that big or sometimes it doesn't exist because jennyrc is trusted company. You are close enough to jennyrc so probably the fee will be even smaller. I pay 10-20 euros for shipping and 0-15 for customs. I've noticed the more expensive shipping doesn't charge you with customs fees. Don't know why. Anyways definitely worth it.

@BashingBrian and I have ordered from them multiple times. Much cheaper than UK breakers. Postage costs have spiked of late. Royal mail is in disarray as you probably know. Rc breakers is another I use (uk)Arc breakers also (uk). I also use Grc spares (uk) and Trc spares (uk) on ebay. Trc spares is especially well priced. Remember to keep your orders under £135 from jennys and provided they value it correctly on the declaration you'll be fine. In my experience a few days to a couple of weeks to my door. 👍

@BashingBrian and I have ordered from them multiple times. Much cheaper than UK breakers. Postage costs have spiked of late. Royal mail is in disarray as you probably know. Rc breakers is another I use (uk)Arc breakers also (uk). I also use Grc spares (uk) and Trc spares (uk) on ebay. Trc spares is especially well priced. Remember to keep your orders under £135 from jennys and provided they value it correctly on the declaration you'll be fine. In my experience a few days to a couple of weeks to my door. 👍

TRC are really well priced. I turned a v1 OC into a v5 using parts from them and they came down super fast

I've not ordered from the US but it's hit and miss on other product I've ordered from outside the UK, even EU these days.

You can get hit with VAT at 20%, import duty somewhere between 0 and 6% dependent on the product and also expect to pay a handling fee to the courier for the privilege of them charging you vat! Parcel Force add £8 I believe.

Sometimes you get no fees, other times you get stung so you could be looking at around £24 fees. Best is to plan for it and hope it gets through.

Good luck!

Yeah, worst case I have to pay that, then it’ll be close to uk prices

Screenshot_20221227_133114_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for the info, I’ve just ordered some new wheels/tyres and a body.
98$ including shipping. Will see what happens when they arrive here!
You should be ok with that order..(y) As @Woodentop states though, Royal Mail is in a right state ATM..:confused:

Yep, not desperate for the parts, just things I’d like to change.
Plus the existing shell will be the one for taking big hits!
Can you buy the foam inserts for wheels/tyres on their own?

Hope everything turned up OK and you didn't get stung!

I ordered a chassis after reading your post - £28 delivered from a UK supplier, £14 delivered from Jennys! Mad. Don't know how long it'll take but don't mind the wait...

In the Netherlands we pay 21% on the value of the goods + shipping costs. After that it’s + 4% import tax and most of the time it ends up being more expensive than I calculated. 😅

(That’s why I started playing mini JRC myself)

Hope everything turned up OK and you didn't get stung!

I ordered a chassis after reading your post - £28 delivered from a UK supplier, £14 delivered from Jennys! Mad. Don't know how long it'll take but don't mind the wait...
Still waiting on the bits, it said shipped almost straight away but doesn’t seem to have moved since.
Either way it’s no rush. Also waiting on some bits from scorched parts in the uk, they were ordered ages ago, asked what’s happened to my order the other day and was told they’d been closed for a while. Would have been nice to know in advance!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back