Kraton Jenny's Kraton EXB for V5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaltyLocal

Reaction score
Is Jennys EXB kit worth the added cost to a new V5? I can’t seem to find the Arrma Basher front bumper ANYWHERE, except in JennyRC kit. Besides the aluminum center braces and servo mount, is the cost worth the upgrade? At the moment, I’m just looking to add some extra durability to a brand new V5. Any recommendations? Watching videos and comparing the two models, I don’t see much difference besides the aforementioned aluminum. The kit doesn’t include any mud guards or higher rised chassis side rails, correct?

Since the Arrma basher front bumper is a out of stock, can anyone recommend something as durable and good looking? How about a wheelie bar that does not attach to the already weakened wing mounts? Sort for all the questions.

A lot of guys like the RPM bumpers/skids. I would spend my money on m2c parts, well worth it! 💪

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324669008204?hash=item4b97c7e94c:g:5IMAAOSwfhNcrjmg
I was eyeing the M2C kits but after dropping the cash for the RC’s, I’m strapped for awhile. Really would like to simply add a front bumper, non-wing mounted wheelie bar (if I can find one), and possibly an upgraded chassis brace. I was wondering if adding front and rear skid plates are needed???

I was eyeing the M2C kits but after dropping the cash for the RC’s, I’m strapped for awhile. Really would like to simply add a front bumper, non-wing mounted wheelie bar (if I can find one), and possibly an upgraded chassis brace. I was wondering if adding front and rear skid plates are needed???
Front and rear skids will save your chassis.

I put the exb plastics kit on my rtr. It definitely needs a metal servo mout and with the front bumper it made sense for me. I put the braces on too, looked at as an almost free upgrade from plastic and if needed I can always go m2c later.

The best parts of the EXB are the diffs. When shimmed correctly, they are far stronger than RTR diffs. The rest is barely better than RTR.

I put the exb plastics kit on my rtr. It definitely needs a metal servo mout and with the front bumper it made sense for me. I put the braces on too, looked at as an almost free upgrade from plastic and if needed I can always go m2c later.
I may go this route since the Arrma bumper and EXB chassis braces are included. And I believe the EXB servo mount was in there (maybe I’m wrong).

The EXB bumper is the best bumper for the Kraton imho. There really is no better wheelie bar, but simple solution to the problem of the wheelie bar breaking is the wing mount from @3d-rc.myshopify.com. Those mounts will keep the wheelie bar from breaking. If you order a mount from his site grab the EXB spring support too, the normal EXB bumper spring cracks and breaks almost immediately.

As for the rest of the EXB stuff, eh. Not really worth it. Everything else on the RTR is fine depending on how hard you bash. If you are really sending it then M2C will be a must, and if you aren't really sending in than the RTR will be good enough. Like others have said I do recommend a rear skid plate. As for mudguards, grab some from eBay or TBR and with very slight modification the Outcast side guards work fine on the Kraton.

The EXB bumper is the best bumper for the Kraton imho. There really is no better wheelie bar, but simple solution to the problem of the wheelie bar breaking is the wing mount from @3d-rc.myshopify.com. Those mounts will keep the wheelie bar from breaking. If you order a mount from his site grab the EXB spring support too, the normal EXB bumper spring cracks and breaks almost immediately.

As for the rest of the EXB stuff, eh. Not really worth it. Everything else on the RTR is fine depending on how hard you bash. If you are really sending it then M2C will be a must, and if you aren't really sending in than the RTR will be good enough. Like others have said I do recommend a rear skid plate. As for mudguards, grab some from eBay or TBR and with very slight modification the Outcast side guards work fine on the Kraton.
What he said ^ :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back