Jennys RC has parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp, looks like I'll be trending to order parts directly from HH or Amain. Always spent more with JRC but justified it bc you got more for your money (ex. I just need a $12 input gear from HH but I can get an entire diff, input gear, out drive cups and housing from JRC for $40ish) ...that's becoming less and less the case. Just doing my part to reduce the demand...you're welcome! :LOL:

yes they were. All the shocks were same price there for quite a while. Supply and demand at its best. Easy to get the price you want when demand is high.
RC became in demand like many other hobbies during covid. Parts train in slow gear with higher demand than normal.
I've had a friend trying to get me into rc since last november (he succeeded in may, but I paid attention to prices and availability in the meantime). The supply/demand picture has changed rapidly in that short time. I'm looking forward to the flood of new technology and availability that this rush will inevitably provide

As Arrma goes up on prices so must the parts breakers. We can't sell the parts for less than we pay. Arrma has gone up on prices 10%
Why not ??

????

Last time I bought kit breaker shocks, they were $50/set of 4. And no, it is not gouging, they are still under what it would cost to build them at retail...

I am kind of surprised JRC and the others have not started to put some of the popular items on auction.
JRC is charging what Arrma retail prebuilt/filled 6s shocks cost. Building 4 of them part by part is always thru the $roof$. Not realistic.
When the parts train lags, kit breakers fill the gap to some extent. Supply and demand. Business as usual. :cool:

JRC is charging what Arrma retail prebuilt/filled 6s shocks cost. Building 4 of them part by part is always thru the $roof$. Not realistic.
When the parts train lags, kit breakers fill the gap to some extent. Supply and demand. Business as usual. :cool:
@Badtouch The basher and I are still under Retail but the demand in Europe is less.

What drives me crazy about JRC is that prices are all over the place. Same identical parts cross over to many different 6S rigs for instance, yet you will find a Mojave listed BLX 2050 motor for so much more $$ compared to the same motor listed for a Kraton. Holds true for all their parts. If you cross over parts than you can save some coin if you know your parts well enough . But the way the JRC site is, it guides you to your specific model and initially confines you to the pricing for that model. But look elsewhere or click on the Arrma "All" and you will see the price variations, even though parts are the same exact item. A strange and inefficient business model if you ask me. It appears that JRC relies on profit per single kit broken. Yet market demand changes price per part depending on model of kit broken???:unsure:

JRC sold out. Even at the high price, demand rules.
Breakers can't get cars to restock. Or at least I'm having a difficult time getting cars. Got 6 on order. 3 EXB's, 1 Kraton, 1 O8, and one Talion on order. I will be lucky if any of them show before the end of August.
What drives me crazy about JRC is that prices are all over the place. Same identical parts cross over to many different 6S rigs for instance, yet you will find a Mojave listed BLX 2050 motor for so much more $$ compared to the same motor listed for a Kraton. Holds true for all their parts. If you cross over parts than you can save some coin if you know your parts well enough . But the way the JRC site is, it guides you to your specific model and initially confines you to the pricing for that model. But look elsewhere or click on the Arrma "All" and you will see the price variations, even though parts are the same exact item. A strange and inefficient business model if you ask me. It appears that JRC relies on profit per single kit broken. Yet market demand changes price per part depending on model of kit broken???:unsure:

I noticed that myself and am very careful to ensure the prices are consistent. I don't understand why JRC can't be. the same part should be the same price across the board.

Breakers can't get cars to restock. Or at least I'm having a difficult time getting cars. Got 6 on order. 3 EXB's, 1 Kraton, 1 O8, and one Talion on order. I will be lucky if any of them show before the end of August.

I noticed that myself and am very careful to ensure the prices are consistent. I don't understand why JRC can't be. the same part should be the same price across the board.
Residing here in the States I've spent close to $1k in several years with them. Price variation has progressively gotten worse...that was prior Pandemic. Now things have changed for many businesses, and they have to regroup. I understand. It's probably hard for a kit breaker to get a wholesale price in general to make a justifiable profit. Many probably buy retail and break them. But that can make sense. HH is very tight when it comes to vendors of their products. Not as bad as Traxxass however. :cool:

They most likely use a pricing system that uses algorithms to price the parts depending on supply and demand and availability.

^^^You know I felt the same way intially. There is business method to the madness.:LOL: I just see no pattern in the pricing. But overall, haven't had any complaints in the past. Ted even helped me out over the phone once. A good merchant. (y)

^^^You know I felt the same way intially. There is business method to the madness.:LOL: I just see no pattern in the pricing. But overall, haven't had any complaints in the past. Ted even helped me out over the phone once. A good merchant. (y)
He has even sent customers to me in Europe, I think JRC is great as well. But they should be consistent on pricing though. It could also be that prices only get updated for what is in stock. (just a guess as to the inconsistency). I have my shop set up so that the same part that is used across different cars is shared. For example, if I add a V4 motor mont to inventory then it will be available for purchase on all the 6S pages. Same for the price I charge it once for all cars.

@JennysRC is awesome, just picked up a set of 6s #ARRMA #Typhon shocks for my 3s rig~ ? ? ?
Lockups Typhon tires.jpeg

I emailed Ted a while ago about stocking Kaiju parts. He thanked me and said he would look into it. Yesterday I got an email from him saying that he finally got the Kaiju parts listed on his eBay store. So if you need some, go check it out. He will have them on his website soon ???

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back