Jennys return policy help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travykat

Reaction score
Does anyone kno how jennys rc return policy works i got a esc from them & it stopped working after like 3 runs do they replace or repair or refund or am i taking that loss

Email Ted and explain the situation to him. I’ve found him responsive and reasonable. Though I haven’t been in your situation, much of it would depend on the circumstances of the failure.

Do you feel like you did something that caused it to stop working or did it just fail from “normal” use?

Honestly I’ve only hit Ted up once or twice over a defect upon arrival. If I’ve used it more then once, I can’t really blame them. I consider it the occasional cost of getting parts for less than retail.

Ted is a nice and fair guy. I have spoken to him over the phone before.
Understand that these are new discounted take off parts with no HH warranty. JennysRC basically has to eat the loss. No fault of theirs.
If the ESC was DOA out the box soon after it was delivered, he has been known to replace it. Not always. Once used, I would not expect him to replace it at all.
I wouldn't even ask. Just me. The chance you take when you run Firma stuff, as they fail alot for many. Why its best to buy upgrade brand ESC's for EXB rollers or get a RTR that HH will warranty for out the box ESC's. HH warranty is 2 years only for their boxed new stuff. With receipt in hand.
Honestly I’ve only hit Ted up once or twice over a defect upon arrival. If I’ve used it more then once, I can’t really blame them. I consider it the occasional cost of getting parts for less than retail.
+1

Last edited:
Yeah unfortunately electronics that are stock are awful. I love using Jenny’s but for electronics I will pay the premium and get the better parts and warranty to go with it.

Wow thank you so much for the input & a couple of you guys mention upgrading esc whats a good equivalent esc compared to the blx100 esc that works with stock motor & spektrum batteries & slt3 controller

Ted is great, I have emailed with him often. We even went back and the fourth Christmas Eve when the dude responded to my email. I could not believe it told him to not work on Christmas Eve so he laughed. See, sometimes, well quite a bit, I order the wrong parts or get mixed up (don’t shop while drinking. Yup.) and if I reach out to him quick enough he always fixes it. I just tell the truth, like ‘yeah we were celebrating last night after winning our court case so I was super drunk and ordered $200 in parts for a car I don’t even own so can you cancel it please??’ They are very solid as a parts supplier and give great customer service.

Wow thank you so much for the input & a couple of you guys mention upgrading esc whats a good equivalent esc compared to the blx100 esc that works with stock motor & spektrum batteries & slt3 controller
It depends do you want equivalent or better? You can get combos really cheap in that size and will make a world of a difference.

I have the stock esc that gave up on me from my arrma that's still under warranty but i have no way of shipping it to HH for repair i don't have access to a printer & local library is shut down for like repairs or something

I like the spectrum smart 130amp escs I get off Jenny’s lol. Have three and they all work great.

I have the stock esc that gave up on me from my arrma that's still under warranty but i have no way of shipping it to HH for repair i don't have access to a printer & local library is shut down for like repairs or something
You can have label printed out at most shipping places for you.

It depends do you want equivalent or better? You can get combos really cheap in that size and will make a world of a difference.
Like what brands ive been told about the hobbywing SC but thats a bit out of my budget
You can have label printed out at most shipping places for you.
Yea i kno about the label but HH want a repair form and paperwork you fill out online and print and put in the box when you ship it

I would stick to Hobbywing if you are on a budget. Anything less and you are more then likely gonna have issues. What’s your price range for a combo and also for just an esc?

HH rarely if ever wants the ESC back. Sending them pics and a receipt in most cases. I myself, have used the 2 year warranty for many failed stocker electrics. Never even asked for it back. I even offered to. The ESC's are not repairable. None of them. They are throw aways once bricked. HH has no need for them. They just need to believe that you own it and have proof with receipt within 2 years. HH doesn't have the technicians and ability to repair any electrics. They just throw new parts back to you.
From past experiences.

I would stick to Hobbywing if you are on a budget. Anything less and you are more then likely gonna have issues. What’s your price range for a combo and also for just an esc?
I have like 50$ & I really just need a esc ive looked for used ones but everyone sells for like 10$ less then retail smh

HH rarely if ever wants the ESC back. Sending them pics and a receipt in most cases. I myself, have used the 2 year warranty for many failed stocker electrics. Never even asked for it back. I even offered to. The ESC's are not repairable. None of them. They are throw aways once bricked. HH has no need for them. They just need to believe that you own it and have proof with receipt within 2 years.
From past experiences.
Yea I've had a esc fail on me before & they sent me a new one but idk if there system shows i had a esc sent to me or something because this time they want the esc for repair 🤷‍♂️
You are in the states?
Yea I live in Massachusetts

Yea I've had a esc fail on me before & they sent me a new one but idk if there system shows i had a esc sent to me or something because this time they want the esc for repair 🤷‍♂️

What’s it going in?

Whoever spoke with you has no clue. They do not repair these. A fact. They are potted. And disassembly destructs them further. I think you approached HH the wrong way. Just me. Maybe HH became hard up and wants to recycle them? One slim possibility. Also reducing claims by making it harder for the consumer. But it costs HH money/labor to receive and control returned garbage that is useless.
Forget about another HH ESC.

https://www.amazon.com/HOBBYWING-QUICRUN-10BL120-SENSORED-Touring/dp/B0765Q2SVS/ref=sr_1_4?crid=QHR7I4WJAQPZ&keywords=quick+run+esc+combo&qid=1644186506&sprefix=quick+run+esc+combo,aps,80&sr=8-4

Just one cheaper option. There are others.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back