Typhon Jerky center diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Typhon 6s
Hi guys,

I'm running my new Typhon 6s V3 for a couple of days now and I noticed something with the center diff. If the car is off, and I try to push it, i have to push through a sort of barrier (maybe this sounds stupid ?). It is also a bit jerky.
And it is making a lot noise, I know this is a habit of center diffs, but I want to make sure.

Thanks!

The motors in these rigs have pretty powerful magnets in them. If you take the motor off and spin it by hand you'll feel the jerkiness and resistance. If you think the resistance is abnormal, check the mesh between the spur and pinion gears. If it's too tight you'll have more resistance and the gears will get chewed up faster.
The noise is just the metal on metal from the gears, music to my ears.

The motors in these rigs have pretty powerful magnets in them. If you take the motor off and spin it by hand you'll feel the jerkiness and resistance. If you think the resistance is abnormal, check the mesh between the spur and pinion gears. If it's too tight you'll have more resistance and the gears will get chewed up faster.
The noise is just the metal on metal from the gears, music to my ears.

I already looked at the space between the gears, seemed okay to me. Not too far in, not too far out. Just good. And the sound is as you say amazing ?

Pretty sure what your hearing/feeling is the motor. Like @dirrty mentioned, the magnets are powerful and when you push the truck, the drivetrain is forcing the motor to turn. Push gently and the magnets try to hold the motor from turning. Push hard, and they bounce up and down off the rotor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back