Jerry-rigged answers the Siren's call...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
Howdy gang.

Been thinking for a while of maybe converting my Typhon to either an outcast or a siren. Last week I was digging through my spare parts bin, looking for parts for my son's kraton, and did an inventory of what all I would need to make one or the other projects happen. I figured it would take fifty to a hundred bucks to get either one of them done. After surfing eBay for a bit, I realized that for about two hundred bucks I could probably do both.?

Parts order came in tonight, I'll probably start tearing down the Typhon tomorrow. Wish me luck!

20190314_170312.jpg

You're gonna need a lot of luck with all these parts man.
Lol.. no luck needed, except if I am missing some parts... ? (I say that now...)

But seriously, I've tore down my 2 6s cars enough, this should not be an issue. Just a bit of mix and match of parts...

Step one, strip the typhon chassis.

20190315_083836.jpg

New chassis vs v1 -
20190315_085104.jpg

This shows the "secret" @Thomas P discovered- use a second rear driveshaft up front, and shorten the chassis be 32mm (120mm front bone, 88mm rear = 32mm). Scribed, ready to cut-
20190315_091716.jpg

Last edited:
Lunch break. Just need to countersink, and the chassis is done. Not my cleanest work, but it should do.

Edit- derp, wrong pic.

So you have to drill all the chassis holes?

I need to get some 17mm 2.8 mt tire. Meanwhile, Dakars-

20190315_155344.jpg

Next to my Granite-

20190315_155508.jpg
So you have to drill all the chassis holes?

Just the ones in front. Front diff, servo mount, servo saver, and hinge pin holder.

A few other notes-
The body mounts are a mixture of parts from the senton 6's and the Talion 6s. I tried to run the Talion front shock Tower, but it didn't really work, it was too short. I ended up Drilling the Typhon shock Tower to take the Talion body mounts. In the back, the Talion body mounts bolted right up. For the body posts, all four are from the senton.

The ESC tray is the standard Electronics tray. I used the diff top brace that the senton and Kraton used to mount the roll cage, as a spacer. The electronics tray, I just drilled to match the hole pattern, countersunk it, and used some really long screws. works great, and you still have the wire holder to keep things tidy.

For the chassis braces, the front one just doesn't fit. I'm going to need to Fab something up for it. For the rear, for now I don't want to run the wing. Without the wing, the rear brace has nowhere to land. I think I have an extra Wing mount in my parts box, so I will probably just cut one up so that I can use the rear chassis brace. With no chassis braces, there is a lot of flex, I really don't want to run it like this.

One last thing I think I'll still need to do, is the wide mod. I have all the parts for it, just did not get it done before I ran out of time today.

Last edited:
I made a front brace like that after I broke mine. Made it out of 1/4" square steel stock. Was a pain getting the bends right... then Christmas came and my wife got me the hot racing ones, so I never actually used it.
2018-0914-Outcast-HomadeFrontBraceOutOfTruck.jpg

2018-0914-Outcast-HomadeFrontBrace-CenterBrace.jpg
I hear you on that angle. I had to test fit, it take it apart, file just a bit, repeat, several times to get it right.

Got my first run of the Siren in. Ran it with buggy lockups for now. This run was just in a kids park, no real jumps. Had a guy come over to chat, so I handed the remote to my son, and he promptly ran it into a telephone pole... lol, Grrr...

First broken Arm, first broke plastic part EVER for my Typhon in the two + years I have owned it.

Lucky, I have the spares, so it was fixed in about 5 minutes after getting home.

20190322_182318.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back