Granite Jerry-rigged's Granite Mega 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that diff set is just gone. I wonder if your kids might manage to destroy the full metal set if you had it ?

Have not really run the Granite since the kids broke it. I did fix it a while back. A month or so ago, I scored a used Castle Mamba X, and just finally got it installed and calibrated. Also, I dropped in the DumboRC radio I bought a while back. (my Tactic got cannibalized for a different car a while back while the Granite was down for parts...)

Wiring - the MX has 4mm bullet sockets in the ESC for the motor leads, and my Racerstar motor also has 4mm, so that worked well. I did re-solder them to be 90deg connections. Nice short motor leads now.

Results - The Dumbo feels odd in the hand, but the MX is soooo smooooth... just like my MMXs. :) Plus, I had a OMGWTFBBQ moment - rolling Backflips! With the MX, the truck will do a rolling backflip! Sweet! Smoother and more power/punch, yeah, I am gonna like this, I think... :)

Pick- MX installed, old Racerstar out.
20200806_151448.jpg

Holy thread necro, Batman!

But yeah, I still have my Granite. Pulled it out of storage recently, repaired the blown diff (just a chipped tooth, actually) and finally installed my "New" [been rolling around my work desk for seems like a year now] Castle Copperhead ESC / 1412 3200kv combo. Motor leads are like 10" from Castle, eventually I will cut them and re-solder to remove all that extra. Also, note the Arrma heat sink, I had to cut away a bit to give clearance for the motor solder tabs.

Granite Copperhead.jpg

First run in ages with this truck so a skate park was a bad idea, but was the best bad idea of the morning. After a few warm up jumps, I went full send for an epic roof landing... LOL Lucky, I only broke a shock rod end, and it broke in such a way I could snap it back on and run a a bit till my next bad landing. :LOL:

A few minutes later, I noticed the truck was front wheel drive. A brief inspection showed I broke a CVD. Not the stock crappy u-joint, I swapped those for the $80 Arrma "metal" CVD's a long while ago. That ended my day.

The good news, I had all the spare parts I needed, so 20 minutes after I got home, the truck is ready for round 2. The CVD didn't actually break, but the plastic slider broke off the metal CVD yoke. The retaining ring, I cut it to get it off, as the new parts came with a new ring.
Granite broke parts.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back