Granite Jerry-rigged's Granite Mega 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that’s not bad at all...I will definitely go that route...not a bad price on the diffs either. Are there any structural parts that were upgraded on the BLX?
If you watch Vas's unboxing video he points out that they changed the shock towers slightly they added some honeycomb inside of them where they used to be hollow. Not that I ever saw anyone break one.

Thanks madmatt, I will probably do all the bare minimum at first too....I just want to get it roaring. It’s sat a while and I pulled it out today and somethings up with it...doesn’t roll easily, no binding but seems tight.

First part on mine to bind was the bearing on the spur/slipper assembly shaft. The one that is exposed when you split the power module in half to get at the spur was fine but the one on the motor mount side was locked up.

If you watch Vas's unboxing video he points out that they changed the shock towers slightly they added some honeycomb inside of them where they used to be hollow. Not that I ever saw anyone break one.

Same part numbers so I wonder if they have enough of the old stock that all the megas still getting shipped have the old stuff or if they are assembling new mega kits with the upgraded tower as well.

...not a bad price on the diffs either.

Yes. 29$US kit for the 6s diff. is good too. (ordered 1)
From my experience, talking of diff, Mega (and 3s...) pinion is much more easier to remove than 6s.
PL

The only hard part about removing the 6s diff pinions is the threadlock on the input dog bone cup set screw... LOL. All these Arrma cars are very easy to work on, compared to most brands out there.

Are the 6s diffs drop in for Megas? These things do look like legos. Or in the car modification world, like a subaru or a civic with the wide array of hopeful upgrade ability.

Are the 6s diffs drop in for Megas? These things do look like legos. Or in the car modification world, like a subaru or a civic with the wide array of hopeful upgrade ability.

You can't use the 6s diffs in the Megas.

The BLX3s diffs are a drop in, so long as you use the BLX3s input gear too.
The BLX6s is a totally different design, won't fit.

Just don't get real cheap and buy an "ocday" waterproof 120A. I mean it works but there is SO much delay in throttle from 0%. Once it's moving there is almost no delay from >1% throttle to any other amount but from a standstill it was pretty brutal. I just smoked my esc and wanted to get myself by cheap. I have been pretty happy with my turnigy waterproof 120A I got for 40 bucks though. Only issue I have with it is no real low speed driving. Paired with my 2650kv 6 pole 4268 the lowest possible speed I got is probably somewhere in the 5-10mph range when it was in my emaxx. Of course owning a tekin probably makes you the kind of person who wouldn't even consider the bottom of the barrel stuff like ocday.

While I don’t mind to pay a little bit more for something of higher quality I could never justify the cost of a new Tekin. I bought it used and got it for $100 to go in my Tekno but ended up putting a MMX in it instead.

yeah I feel you on that one. wouldn't mind spending a little more but in my rb6.6 I love the trackstar pro 80A I got for 35 bucks, almost bought a couple more on sale for 24 or something the other day just to have them but being limited to 2S and not waterproof I don't know what else I would use them in. cant really get a "name brand" for anything close to that. even something like a blackbox is 70 and that doesn't have near the programming options iirc.

Ok, maybe the slipper was not the problem I thought it was...

Bearing went boom.

20181130_193510.jpg

Got them ordered. Decided to get the big one as a ceramic bearing. Also grabbed a full bearing set for the Granite while I was there.

Avid RC Rocks!
I replaced both of mine with stainless hybrid ceramic motor bearings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back