Granite Jerry-rigged's Granite Mega 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you get a chance can you take a side view pic of your Granite? I’d like to see your ride height...it looks slammed compared to mine I think. I believe I need to lower mine.
Yeah, it was pretty low. Also, 3 shock collars were all the way up, and one rear was about 7mm down. I kept stopping to look at it at the park, thought something was broke because the rear was lopsided... lol. Now I have all shocks set to 10mm, it rides higher. And level. :)

But I do like the way it rides with those 6s shocks...

Haha LOL, man, no wonder you're not getting to the end of a battery charge, but I love it!

I'm only on 2s at this point but was wondering if I could right a flipped truck using the throttle with a 3s battery, now I know!
I am no Duperbash, but even on my little jumps, I find weak spots. No major damage today. Jut got to zip-tie the Tekno ESC, and redo the ties on the Granite.

?
Some day-
?
My LVC will come...
?
Well, now I understand.

I went to a local skate park for the first time ever. Had to jump the fence and now I already feel like a vagrant.

I totally understand how you do what you do.

10 minutes in and, voila.

Busted link. Yay.

Attachments

• 391567F6-407C-4DC2-AD8B-41824F8735AD.jpeg
    391567F6-407C-4DC2-AD8B-41824F8735AD.jpeg
    314 KB · Views: 76
  • 227BB900-8004-4D8D-B489-1490D185BDE7.jpeg
    227BB900-8004-4D8D-B489-1490D185BDE7.jpeg
    365.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 677AD2D3-3303-4D32-A8A1-627FE1D25392.jpeg
    677AD2D3-3303-4D32-A8A1-627FE1D25392.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 05616470-5183-45F6-9389-72A507CB5C7F.jpeg
    05616470-5183-45F6-9389-72A507CB5C7F.jpeg
    318.2 KB · Views: 76
You have to learn to limit your stupid. It's hard to do. I'm usually able to suppress my stupid long enough to get a pack or two through a truck. Then as usual, stupid prevails and I start airing things out and doing stupid stuff. Still though, I've found that the faster you go and the higher you jump, the longer you have to correct it. However, if you fail to correct... it's a hard landing. And stupid wins. ;)

That was never my strong suit, tapering back stupid. Can't go hero without risking to zero....

But yeah, no, yeah... I'd like to tell you I was a wild man out there but I wasn't. It was interesting learning how to read the terrain and pick lines, kinda like riding Motocross.

Very, very different than off road or track racing of any kind.

That was never my strong suit, tapering back stupid. Can't go hero without risking to zero....

But yeah, no, yeah... I'd like to tell you I was a wild man out there but I wasn't. It was interesting learning how to read the terrain and pick lines, kinda like riding Motocross.

Very, very different than off road or track racing of any kind.
I road a dirt bike, but I never did motorcross on a track, grew up in the sticks. So was always on the lookout for a good ditch jump or trail through the woods, so there wasn't a lot of "reading the track" or remembering the track. Was more "can I get through that without dying or getting stuck?" lol!

I take two trucks when I bash. I'll run a pack through one truck, then usually by the end, I'm getting dumb with choices. Then I switch to a different truck. Same thing. Then I go to a different area and start with the first truck again. Usually, by the time I've done htat 3-4 times and spent 2 hours in my car commuting to the skate parks, I'm too tired to do more and call it a day. If I'm lucky, I still have 1 of the 2 that still runs when I go home. :)

On my Granite, currently I have v1 Typhon shocks with the stock v1 springs.

My Typhon has the v3 Talion shocks, with stock springs. Yeah, they are stiff. I have not run the Typhon yet with this setup.

@Jerry-rigged how much running have you done with that 80a 3800kv combo on 3s (in general not just in the Granite). Just wondering if that 80a is enough for that 3660 3800kv on 3s. I know the esc is capable of running 4s I have run the Ocday 80a on 4s but that is with a 3650 2300kv motor.

@Jerry-rigged how much running have you done with that 80a 3800kv combo on 3s (in general not just in the Granite). Just wondering if that 80a is enough for that 3660 3800kv on 3s. I know the esc is capable of running 4s I have run the Ocday 80a on 4s but that is with a 3650 2300kv motor.
Not much, I think I am 3 or 4 packs. Maybe only one to LVC, when it was in my Hobao SCT. My Granite never makes LVC. Last run, the fan jammed (my fault) and the ESC thermaled about 6 minutes into the run. Even with the fan, seems it gets hot, though.

Did another lunch bash. Same skate park, no vid this time. It was cold and wet, so I didn't figure I'd be there long. Ended up was a lot of fun. Half drifting, half bashing. Truck survived , but quit before LVC. The Ford body is giving up, though- breaking in half behind the cab. But, it is starting to weather nice too. Gotta do the drywall tape and shoe goo to it before it is too far gone.

20190219_114325.jpg

20190219_114332.jpg

20190219_114343.jpg

Did another lunch bash. Same skate park, no vid this time. It was cold and wet, so I didn't figure I'd be there long. Ended up was a lot of fun. Half drifting, half bashing. Truck survived , but quit before LVC. The Ford body is giving up, though- breaking in half behind the cab. But, it is starting to weather nice too. Gotta do the drywall tape and shoe goo to it before it is too far gone.

View attachment 30623
View attachment 30624
View attachment 30625
My outcast body nearly split in half there.

Not much, I think I am 3 or 4 packs. Maybe only one to LVC, when it was in my Hobao SCT. My Granite never makes LVC. Last run, the fan jammed (my fault) and the ESC thermaled about 6 minutes into the run. Even with the fan, seems it gets hot, though.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I thought it might get hot I have some 3660 motors but only ran them with the Goolrc and Ocday 120a escs no issues with them (heat wise anyways). The 80a I mainly got to run high kv 3650 motors and to try my 3650 2300kv and 3100kv motors on 4s for sh**ts and giggles.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back