Granite Jerry-rigged's Granite Mega 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually run 56/17 & used the shock hole mounts, 3rd hole from the left both upper & lower.

I run 48/17. Everything worked perfectly with the brushless motor and stock mounting holes. Does NOT do wheelies, but has very impressive speed!

Finally got to try and bash my Granite again, with the Yeti spur. Stupid me, forgot to check the slipper and ran the truck slipper locked. The stock diff input didn't like that. Snapped pretty quick...

Last edited:
Stock diff input with that power :eek: I'm surprised it lasted that long :D I gave mine to my boy. I stepped it down to a 2-4S ESC with the same motor & he's trying to deal with it on 2S. He'll probably be able to handle 4S by summer.

One thing that has surprised me is the stock servo. Yeah, I don't have a lot of run time on the truck, but the servo seems decent, and has not broke. Seems last fall, when the truck was released, everyone that got one (and was on line) was stripping the servo first or second run. Maybe the different SS that my truck has is helping the servo. I do wish the SS was a bit stiffer, but that would probably be death to the plastic gear servo. Still, the SS on the Granite is miles better than the SS on my ECX Torment. About a dozen runs in, I super-glued that POS together... LOL

Last edited:
I have the same system in my senton mega. I was wondering what punch setting I should have it on.

I didn't get that one. and ive had servo issue
Not sure I understand, did you have the original triangle SS, or the Kimbrough style SS?

I have the same system in my senton mega. I was wondering what punch setting I should have it on.
I didn't change punch, but probably should have. Before my next run, I may set it to something in the 1-3 range. Assuming 1 is low and 9 is high, I don't know if that is correct. Need to go read the manual, I guess... LOL

Started the tear down to fix the diff pinion. The back of the truck is covered in sand - that run in the vid, the sand was just damp enough to be sticky. Those little mud shields built into the hub carriers work. slider drive shafts have a huge amount of sand stuck to them, but the u-joints are pretty clean -

20180405_210442.jpg

20180405_210555.jpg

Y’all are crazy. I can barely keep control of the truck with 3900kv motor and 2s lol.

Y’all are crazy. I can barely keep control of the truck with 3900kv motor and 2s lol.
The 6s rigs have spoiled us :D Having so many of them around makes me view the 1/10 cars as toys. But I still have to show my kids how to use them, so I have to know how much of my BS it can take :p

The 6s rigs have spoiled us :D Having so many of them around makes me view the 1/10 cars as toys. But I still have to show my kids how to use them, so I have to know how much of my BS it can take :p
I have just as much fun with my stampede 4x4 vxl and brushless converted jato as I do my 1/8th scale rigs. It's surprising how shedding a few pounds can help make a vehicle seem indestructible! My stampede is the toughest truck I own!

I have just as much fun with my stampede 4x4 vxl and brushless converted jato as I do my 1/8th scale rigs. It's surprising how shedding a few pounds can help make a vehicle seem indestructible! My stampede is the toughest truck I own!
The Stampede 4x4 is the reason I love 1/10 MTs but **stares at stampy with cracked chassis & smashed front bulkhead** they'll never stand up to the abuse I put my 1/8s through unless they were a 1/8 scale to begin with. So I'll run my Siren to death or at least until the ProMT 4x4 reaches puberty :D

LOL, yeah, I think that too... I really never intended to go BLX185 with this truck, I was planning a MAX10 SCT combo, but the motor I wanted was backordered... And the stock brushed ESC was overheating every battery... And I had this BLX185 just lying around.... LOL Had to try.

Oh, and I got the HD input done this weekend. Shot a video, but still need to upload it. Vid is long, because I was just recording as I went. No script, and no plan, just tinkering... Sunday, I think I had the longest run so far with the truck. about 15 minutes, with the BLX185 on 3s, no issues, loads of fun. Motor was barely warm to the touch after. I was trying to do tree jumps / backflips, but 3s just does not have the wheel speed, I think. Lots of bad landings, though trying. :D zero issues.

HD Input.jpg

You pretty much did what I did for the pin @ the end. I've made 9 of these. The 1st 4 used a 2x10mm pin because I didn't feel like cutting the 2.4x16.8mm pin. That batch included the gear I used for the 6s run, which just happened to be the 1st gear I made. The 2nd batch was my kids' trucks, my Granite & Senton (made with the larger pin). The holes were made so that at least half of the pin was retained by the bearing. I was going to replace my 1st gear in my Granite but even with the 6s & dozens of 4s run it has held up great.

I didn't say it in the vid, but those diff pins were a ******* to cut down. I probably should have use a abrasive disk instead of a hacksaw. I think I ruined the blade... LOL

4s lunchtime run, and Carnage. Still hunting for LVC.

Blew both front tires, at the same time. This is not supposed to happen without a center diff... LOL

View attachment 17786

So that's why I never used the stock tires on my runs :eek: Seriously, I didn't. I never even gave the stock tires a chance a run brushless with the blx85 system. But I do run the stock Senton tires with the blx85 system on 3S no problem. The Granite tires would probably hold up too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back