Granite Jerry-rigged's Granite Mega 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks really nice, thanks, but I already have a MT. Plus it doesn't come with a battery or charger. The one I linked is only $236 and has very excellent reviews, is brushless/waterproof, etc., and comes with a 3200 mAh LiPO and a charger.

Not to mention, it just damn looks cool. hehehehe

If you can find it for a good price get this one. http://www.teammagicrc.com/E5HX/

I'm getting impatient waiting for the senton/granite spur gears to come back in stock... I haven't tried the yeti gear mod yet as I have been hoping the stock gears would arrive shortly. I have emailed horizon hobby about the status of the spur arrival, and they told me very soon. They said to keep checking online part retailers as they will get the updates first. I'm hoping very soon! Didn't know if anyone else had heard anything.

I've had one on backorder for 2 weeks. I've had a shock shaft on backorder for a month. The parts availability for this truck is terrible. I've had an easier time sourcing parts for my Muggy and that was discontinued 10 years ago.

I've never owned a Traxxas, electric or nitro, but I'm going to really have to seriously consider one for my next electric. Parts are so easy to come by.

I've had one on backorder for 2 weeks. I've had a shock shaft on backorder for a month. The parts availability for this truck is terrible. I've had an easier time sourcing parts for my Muggy and that was discontinued 10 years ago.

I've never owned a Traxxas, electric or nitro, but I'm going to really have to seriously consider one for my next electric. Parts are so easy to come by.

I agree with you their!! Finding parts for these trucks is horrible right now. I have a 4x4 slash and a 2wd slash and its super nice going to my hobby shop and them having the parts in stock! I'm hoping once the parts are back in stock their are enough for everyone and it's not a case where they only get 5 of each part back in stock.. I guess we will see..

Is there any decent source for parts now?? Car and parts availability is really poor, especially here in Europe.

Is there any decent source for parts now?? Car and parts availability is really poor, especially here in Europe.

I use with Amain or Tower. My local guy doesn’t stock much.

I've not done an update in a while. But I have not run my Granite much recently... The last few times I did run it, I have been struggling with keeping the slipper tight enough to get the power down. Same thing this weekend. I had to give it another tweek tighter, and the spring finally gave up. One of it's coils jumped out of line, and started binding with the power module housing... I think I am done with trying to make this slipper work with the BLX185. I probably won't try to run the truck again, till I can either get the BLX slipper, or swap to a smaller motor.

20181104_153845.jpg

Waiting for the BLX slipper, spur/pinion, and motor mount is killing me. These delays are embarrassing - like Arrma can't do a proper launch.
The stock slipper can barely handle 2s.

Will the new slipper work with the old mount? The new mount will only fit the same size motor as the one that comes in the 3s BLX. It won’t fit the BLX 185 motor.

I was having the opposite problem with my fabricated slipper. It had next to no slip and I was stripping the 3s BLX input gears. I finally figured out how much I need the nut backed off and it’s a lot. I went back to 3s and jumped the pinion up to 20t (32p). I had to modify the motor mount to get it to fit. I’m done with spending money on that truck. I will probably use it as spare parts for my 3s BLX. I need to find a home for the castle Mamba X and the 1/8 scale buggy motor I have in it.

Will the new slipper work with the old mount? The new mount will only fit the same size motor as the one that comes in the 3s BLX. It won’t fit the BLX 185 motor.

I was having the opposite problem with my fabricated slipper. It had next to no slip and I was stripping the 3s BLX input gears. I finally figured out how much I need the nut backed off and it’s a lot. I went back to 3s and jumped the pinion up to 20t (32p). I had to modify the motor mount to get it to fit. I’m done with spending money on that truck. I will probably use it as spare parts for my 3s BLX. I need to find a home for the castle Mamba X and the 1/8 scale buggy motor I have in it.
Tekno EB48.4

I have a SCT410 on the bench (mid-restoration). My plan is to build it up to be closer to a MT than a SCT - bug body, 2.8MT tires... Still, it will be bigger than my Granite - Long and low. I expect it won't end up with a MT feel, but we'll see.

Looking back, if I had spend my Sunday working on the Tekno, instead of breaking and then wrenching on these three other RC's, I might have gotten it up and running... LOL

My Sunday Bash crew - Kraton, Granite, and Cheepie crawler YY2003. Broke all three. Kraton blew the BLX200 ESC. YY2003 shat the gearbox.
20181104_130514.jpg

Looks like the BLX200 internal cap pack sprung a smoke leak.
20181104_181531.jpg

So far looks like it. The battery was a SMC 90c(25c) 135a 5400mah - it swelled a bit, but looks to have survived. IR was 2-1-1-2 (pretty good!) after discharging to storage.

Pretty nice thread here.
@Jerry; what kind of diff. oil are you using in your recent set up?
I opened one of my 4 Mega diff. and he was empty… :(
I am using 30K in the 6s.
Thanks
PL

Pretty nice thread here.
@Jerry; what kind of diff. oil are you using in your recent set up?
I opened one of my 4 Mega diff. and he was empty… :(
I am using 30K in the 6s.
Thanks
PL

The megas don’t come with oil, just grease. Do they even have a gasket? I can’t remember. The BL X uses 10k stock.

I have a big one for you guys… (still on Mega Senton/Granite diff)

I have a little whobble from the metal diff. outdrive;

IMG_1486.JPG

I did all the rebuild yesterday. Do I need to change all the diff input/output or stay like that? That's the kid's truck. We will run inside track this winter (outside track is already gone by the snow… :( )
Thanks
PL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back