Granite Jerry-rigged's Granite Mega 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a big one for you guys… (still on Mega Senton/Granite diff)

I have a little whobble from the metal diff. outdrive;

View attachment 24104

I did all the rebuild yesterday. Do I need to change all the diff input/output or stay like that? That's the kid's truck. We will run inside track this winter (outside track is already gone by the snow… :( )
Thanks
PL

The wobble is normal.

Ok…! You are right… I searched everywhere on the web and I found nothing about "oil diff mega". But with grease, I found;

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/senton-sandy-sounding-diff.2351/

Yes, there's a gasket.
Thanks
PL
The diff teeth on the mega are smaller than the blx. Adding oil to the diffs will make them heavier & make them more prone to skip teeth. I did not try this on stock gearing or with the stock motor but I wrecked a few diffs on 3s.

The diff teeth on the mega are smaller than the blx. Adding oil to the diffs will make them heavier & make them more prone to skip teeth. I did not try this on stock gearing or with the stock motor but I wrecked a few diffs on 3s.

I take note. How much did you fill of grease your Mega diff…? Mine's nearly empty;

IMG_1481 (2).JPG

Thanks!!
PL

That's all it needs. That's white lithium grease. I use the same stuff on my 6s trucks this time of year. It handles low temps better than the red stuff (which is great for the summer months)

Interesting comment, Megasty. After I filled my diff with 10k was when the teeth failed on the input. Related? Don't know, but could be. I still have not installed my BLX diffs, but waiting for my current set of Mega diffs to fail.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have a Granite 4x4 that I want to convert to the BLX setup...what parts are available to purchase now since the BLX came out? I bought my Granite back in February of last year I think and have been away from RC for a while. Pulled my Kraton out last week on Thanksgiving and it pulled me right back in lol.

That’s about $75 in parts plus I will need an esc and motor.may be cheaper to sell this and buy the BLX?

It's a point. One our 2 Megas will probably disapear next spring for a 3s and my son will run it. But Jerry has a good point about JRC; 17$ kit is a good deal.
PL

If you have a senton they added the carrier bearing deal on the driveshaft. Also you might already have the newest one but they redid the front skid in the senton as well. I went through 4 of the first ones rather quickly and am yet to break the newest one. I also know the springs between the senton mega and big rock are different. Didn't check between the senton mega/blx so I don't know. That's not really structural but it's a difference I know about. They also put in slightly thicker o-rings in the diffs at the outdrives. There's a decent amount of little things too like the clamping wheel hexes, serrated wheel nuts, turnbuckles, etc...

I'm in the process of converting mine but I'm doing the bare minimum to get it running.

Thanks madmatt, I will probably do all the bare minimum at first too....I just want to get it roaring. It’s sat a while and I pulled it out today and somethings up with it...doesn’t roll easily, no binding but seems tight.

Also, at one point I somehow cracked the SS case so I will send it off for a replacement under warranty.

Edit-I have the Mega 4x4. It’s about the same vintage as Jerry’s, he won his a little after I bought mine but his had the update servo saver.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back