JGaff & Son RC Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Ok so in Oct. of 2019 I dusted off my old RC10 (1988) kit I put together long ago. My goal was to show if off to my son and see if there was an interest there was a little spark. I put a Senton 3S on layaway for my son this past Christmas and we have jumped all in since then. Secretly the past few weeks I purchased a Typhon 6S that no one I repeat NO ONE knows about:LOL: In the last few months we put some new tires, bearings and diff check/fill on my son's Senton. Secretly I put a new Tactic radio in the Typhon yes haven't told him yet:ROFLMAO: His Senton is the only one that we found warm good days to get a couple packs run in it so far. I have the diffs to go through on the Typhon and then my plan will be to sneak it in the car with his and say hey let's go for a bash session. I'll probably cover it up or something and unveil at the spot:LOL: Can't wait for spring to start putting some miles on these 2 new macheeens ! Thanks for having us glad to be here look forward to meeting some rc locals and enjoying the posts...Happy RCing !
RC bench.jpg
Senton.jpg
Typhon.jpg

Today's wrenching session consisted of swapping out the 7kg stock steering servo and saver with a 25kg servo and higher quality saver that will handle the tire upgrade much better. Also while we're in there swap out the 4 plastic bushings in the steering assemble for Jim's Bearings and rehab the stock shocks with additional O-rings. Had some modifying to think through when it came to the different Kimbrough servo saver but after using the dremel to shave down the size of it and find a little longer nut and bolt I was in the clear. Side note I also used the dremel in the outside corners of the chassis where the steering turnbuckles rubbed a smidge and slotted the chassis for ejecting debris around the spur. All in all a pretty smooth wrenching day...shout out and thank you to jondilly1974 for giving me some guidance today...Happy RCing friends !
Senton steering servo mod 1.jpg
Senton steering servo mod 2.jpg
Senton steering servo mod 3.jpg
Senton steering servo mod 4.jpg
Senton steering servo mod 5.jpg
Senton steering servo mod 6.jpg
Senton steering servo mod 7.jpg
Senton steering servo mod 9.jpg

Senton Shock o-ring mod.jpg
Senton chassis mod.jpg

Last edited:
You know that your other RC rigs need love too right ?? Even when it's the house truck...you know that rig you hand your brother in law or friend to rip around the yard with ya ? Me and my son have a fun 3S upgrade planned for the weekend wooooo ! Was thinking about holding off until I won the Go Pro but nice weather is just around the corner so LETS GET WRENCHING and see what we can get out of this 2wd. rocket !
IMG_1001.JPG

Good progress this evening...tear down...front end receiver & esc mounted. Tomorrow put in main diff with steel ring gear and idler gear trans ?
IMG_1007.JPG

Just some fine tuning of shocks steering servo and maybe a new body and the SEXY House Truck will be ready for spring ! What you think bro's ?
IMG_1021.JPG

New HobbyStar 3900kv on 3S should make her wild !
IMG_1023.JPG

Last step on my sons Senton 3S (front diff) For all our friends that run these rigs hard out of the box without checking your diffs for proper amount of diff oil...here ya go...I would call this lubricated front diff NOT full like recommended ! Happy RCing !
IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1063.JPG

IMG_1065.JPG

She done kid now go run her into a wall ?

O-Ring shock mod.
Front & Rear diff check & fill.
Jim's bearings all around.
2.8 Rustler sneakers.
HR adjustable motor mount.
Slotted chassis under spur gear.
25kg steering servo.

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1071.JPG

Here's a video to show how she runs after all the checks/upgrades and fine tuning...

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back