JGaff & Son RC Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out with the poop bearings in with the new...4 corners are done 8 bearings down 14 to go ?
IMG_1115.JPG

Ok friends she's been tucked away in a corner while we pimped out my sons rig LONG ENOUGH ! It's time to get her ready for blasting...center diff here we come ! Good thing we always give an RTR a go through first looks like a leaky diff and man look at that LUDICRIOUS LOCTIGHT on them screws ! Do not attempt this without heat guys ! I tell ya it took 30-40 seconds of heat to get these screws to break free...ONWARD !
Typhon center diff 1.jpg
Typhon center diff 2.jpg
Typhon center diff 3.jpg
Typhon center diff 4.jpg

Center diff successfully disassembled emptied filled with 200k new gasket and 2 new sealed bearings. I hope it's right I don't know how you guys deal with 500k. While I was in there I had this beautiful aluminum center diff brace from Practical Prototype Solutions just waiting for a chance to shine. Always love to support small business that does it right and Bob at PPS hits the mark. Someday I hope to pick up the motor mount and cover such awesome workmanship. Front and rear diff to go and we'll be getting closer to GO TIME ! Thanks to all that lend a hand with their expert advice !
Typhon center diff 10.jpg
Typhon center diff 9.jpg
Typhon center diff 8.jpg
Typhon center diff 7.jpg

I see an addition grub screw hole for the stock pinion...is there supposed to be 2 grub screws in the stock pinion or just the one ?

With the super nice day today and my Typhon not ready yet I was ordered into front diff surgery this evening ! Good thing we give these RTR rigs a go through before blasting...this front diff did not have nearly enough fluid in there...but we fixing that with some 60k loving !
Typhon front diff 12.jpg
Typhon front diff 13.jpg
Typhon front diff 14.jpg
Typhon front diff 15.jpg

With the super nice day today and my Typhon not ready yet I was ordered into front diff surgery this evening ! Good thing we give these RTR rigs a go through before blasting...this front diff did not have nearly enough fluid in there...but we fixing that with some 60k loving ! View attachment 69108View attachment 69109View attachment 69110View attachment 69111
I saw the bearing laying in that last shot and instantly thought Oh no he forgot to put them on first ??✌?

She purdy again ✔️all 3 diffs checked/filled and 14 bearings swapped out for Jim's ! Looks like 4 bearings in the steering linkage left to change and we'll be close to go time !
IMG_1182.JPG

She's ready for power & trigger...Tactic TTX300...Jim's Bearings all around...3 diffs check & fill...PPS center diff brace...shocks 50w front 45w rear...mesh check...Integy wheel nuts ! Can't wait ! We Pumped !
IMG_1185.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back