JGaff & Son RC Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this social distancing has got me so bored while cleaning the rigs from the other days bashing I found some aluminum 12mm hex adapters hiding on a peg putting these bad boys on the Slash. Out with those old plastic stock ones in with some cool shiny stuff ?
IMG_1321.JPG
IMG_1322.JPG

Pretty interesting Thread with son!
Thanks for sharing.

Yup bored as hell let's do this ? Thank you Bob from PPS for getting this Corona emergency relief material out to me so fast...YOU ROCK Bob ?
IMG_1326.JPG

With no upgrade solution available out there for the Senton 3S BLX bumpers I guess we go old school ! If you can't buy it make it just like we did 35 years ago ! Let's give this a try for the front.
Senton bumper mod 5.jpg
Senton bumper mod 1.jpg
Senton bumper mod 2.jpg
Senton bumper mod 3.jpg
Senton bumper mod 4.jpg

It's probably going to lead to breakdown in the gearing or driveshaft but it's fun and it's what we do ?
3674 HobbyStar 2650kv with a BLX185 just going with 4S. What's everyone's opinion on needing metal spur and 4th slipper pad upgrade with this motor/esc ? We might go with the Proline Trenchers to rein it in a little...steel belted or not ? Thinking 18T pinion should run nice any thoughts feel free to chime in.
Senton upgrade 1.jpg
Senton upgrade 2.jpg
Senton upgrade 3.jpg

We probably started the punch level too high at 7...we smoothed out the spur gear with the new motor/esc combo. So we have the 4S slipper/spur assembly coming and we'll put an 18T pinion in it and turn down the punch a couple notches and see if we can find the dependable sweet spot. On a positive note the Jeep Gladiator body came out good so good we couldn't bring ourselves to kill it yet so we put an old basher body on for now. Once we get the motor/esc combo settled in we'll take the plunge on the Jeep.
Senton esc-motor upgrade.jpg
Jeep 1.jpg
Jeep 2.jpg
Senton Basher bod..jpg

All this social distancing has got me so bored while cleaning the rigs from the other days bashing I found some aluminum 12mm hex adapters hiding on a peg putting these bad boys on the Slash. Out with those old plastic stock ones in with some cool shiny stuff ?View attachment 72372View attachment 72373
You need a couple black light led strips in that, it’ll glow in the dark.
With no upgrade solution available out there for the Senton 3S BLX bumpers I guess we go old school ! If you can't buy it make it just like we did 35 years ago ! Let's give this a try for the front.View attachment 81642View attachment 81643View attachment 81644View attachment 81645View attachment 81646
By build do you mean 3d print?

Nah just chopped up other parts meant for other purposes with the dremel.
Looks good and honestly I think that’s the best way to do it, no offence to the 3d printer guys.

Looks good and honestly I think that’s the best way to do it, no offence to the 3d printer guys.
It's the way rc enthusiasts are going to have to do it if these parts keep getting bought up...stupid virus thing. I would have left my son's Senton stock if I wasn't so fricken bored. New bodies tires and motor esc goodies out of bordome...ahhhh I guess I could be spending it on worse things...Happy RCing !

Ok so in Oct. of 2019 I dusted off my old RC10 (1988) kit I put together long ago. My goal was to show if off to my son and see if there was an interest there was a little spark. I put a Senton 3S on layaway for my son this past Christmas and we have jumped all in since then. Secretly the past few weeks I purchased a Typhon 6S that no one I repeat NO ONE knows about:LOL: In the last few months we put some new tires, bearings and diff check/fill on my son's Senton. Secretly I put a new Tactic radio in the Typhon yes haven't told him yet:ROFLMAO: His Senton is the only one that we found warm good days to get a couple packs run in it so far. I have the diffs to go through on the Typhon and then my plan will be to sneak it in the car with his and say hey let's go for a bash session. I'll probably cover it up or something and unveil at the spot:LOL: Can't wait for spring to start putting some miles on these 2 new macheeens ! Thanks for having us glad to be here look forward to meeting some rc locals and enjoying the posts...Happy RCing !View attachment 62190View attachment 62191View attachment 62192
Sweet I have the same trucks both of them. I like the little buggy how fast that one go?

Sweet I have the same trucks both of them. I like the little buggy how fast that one go?
"The little buggy" if you referring to the RC10 yellow and red stripe one it's a 35+ yr. old rc that goes maybe 20/25 has 550 Titan mostly stock. I'm looking for 4 wheels and tires so I don't eat up the original rims and triangle nuts. Those would be hard to replace...we'll get it out there we hope before the end of Summer. Thanks for checking out our builds Happy RCing !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back