Jim’s bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nswelding

Premium Member!
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Ordered a 22 peace bearing set off eBay for our granite. Should be here mid week. Has anyone used his bearing sets ?

I’m wondering how well they come greased. And if the grease is good stuff or not. I suppose I can always check myself when they arrive but was just curious if anyone pulled the rubber seals out and packed fresh grease in.

I know with bearing kits for my yz250 dirtbike, I always remove the seals and pack waterproof marine grease in them. As they skimp out from the factory .

Attachments

• 31A93B58-7FA2-4A9F-8182-F844F1BB82F9.png
    31A93B58-7FA2-4A9F-8182-F844F1BB82F9.png
    385.6 KB · Views: 76
It’s metal on metal. I don’t see how greasing them is going to hurt anything if anything prolong the bearings. Every single bearing I have bought for my dirtbike were greased. Pop the seals and grease inside, that’s the first thing a guy should do whenever buying a brand new dirtbike anyway. As from the factory they use very little grease.

For what it's worth, we add grease to all our sealed rc bearings, run in all weather (rain, snow, water skipping andaccidental submerging) and it helps the bearings last longer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back