Granite Jims bearings for 3s motor correct?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
I blew the front bearing on my granite BLX 4x4 brushless, so I ordered the motor bearings from Jims bearings. The rear is 5x13x4, but the one on the pinion side is smaller? But I received two 5x13x4 bearings? Has anyone changed these before? And it looks like the rear one is pressed in there pretty good. Any advice? Thanks.

I blew the front bearing on my granite BLX 4x4 brushless, so I ordered the motor bearings from Jims bearings. The rear is 5x13x4, but the one on the pinion side is smaller? But I received two 5x13x4 bearings? Has anyone changed these before? And it looks like the rear one is pressed in there pretty good. Any advice? Thanks.
There’s a bread trick to swapping that rear one. Search bread motor bearing replacement and you should find it

Mine were both the same size bearing.

Just heat up the around the bearing with a blow torch or some sort of flame on the red aloy part then it will cause it to expand and it just slides out
I'll try that.
Mine were both the same size bearing.
Yeah I looked better at the situation of the bearing close to the pinion side and found out that there's a piece of the old bearing still inside there.

I'll try that.

Yeah I looked better at the situation of the bearing close to the pinion side and found out that there's a piece of the old bearing still inside there.
Oh shoot.

Oh shoot.
Yeah and it's in there very tight. I might try to use a punch or heat or both. Edit. I finally got the piece of bearing out. I used one of the extra output drives that were left over from an Outcast 6s differential as a punch.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back