Jims Bearings K8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinC

Flyboy, Cat Hoarder, Tiger Tamer, Party Crasher.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Talion
  8. Talion EXB
Hey Arrma Nation.

I installed Jims in my Kraton 8 back in July or so, now the inboard bearings are pretty crunchy. I don’t run in water, etc. What’s the normal life span of sealed bearings?

Because I’m lazy, I’m not into bearing maintenance.....I just change them out. On a recent thread someone mentioned https://www.bearingscanada.com/default.asp. Using the search bar I entered the sizes and found the proper fits for the K8 so I ordered 2 sets of 10....seemed pricey but I don’t give a schit. Honestly I don’t know if this price is excessive or not, relatively.

For my Canuck comrades who are in need of quick shipping etc.....give this company a try. Seems to be a decent alternative to EBay or shipping from the US.

cheers,
kev
E6B4247C-76A9-4B82-B3D6-D1F151217EF7.jpeg

New bearings can last 5 minutes or 5 hours of run time. Depending on the Bearings location and how and where you drive... some last longer than others. You will get to know which bearings fail sooner than others and its best to have those on hand. K8S bearings are expensive But relative to the scale that it is. I find if I clean out OE grease and repack new bearings with my own grease properly, they tend to last much longer. If you rather replace bearings then thats your $option$ also. :cool:
Edit: I do not own a K8S. But bearings are bearings... some better than others, some not greased well enough if at all. Some mfr. using a cheap wax based lube. QC sucks when it comes to bearings. No matter the mfr. IMHO. I spin up every new bearing before I install them. I find inconsistencies across many. have had failed bearings out the box. That tells me to repack or get with the Mfr for a replacemnt. I do this out the box. I don't trust bearings meaning I don't install them assuming they are good out the box. I would rather a bearing failed right away spinnung them up in a drill or similar before I install them. I have installed many a defective bearing that lasted only 5 minutes/ 1 run. Now I catch a bad bearing before I install them. And then I cant blame my rig, my driving for a newly installed bad bearing. No matter the Mfr, it happens. Ive have tried just about all the bearings out there. Price means nothing. Paying more doesn't necessarily mean you are getting a better quality bearing IMHO.

Last edited:
Mine on my k4s no maintenance the whole summer cleaned them the larger wheel bearig survived and spin for ever a few ones a bit of vibrations but was expected because there isnt enough grease on those type of bearing who use a complete steel cage who covers the balls. You clan clean them all and put your high quality grease instead

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back