Infraction Jim's Infraction 3s Build Log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

The Old Guy
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Infraction 4x4
I got my new Infraction 3s BLX three days ago, and I'm already upgrading it. As is the case with my two other Arrma vehicles (Typhon 3s and Kraton 6s), I can't leave well enough alone. I'm never happy with a RC vehicle until I have it the way I want it, and future upgrades will come over the next month or so.

This morning I replaced the stock S651 servo with a S652 servo I had removed from another vehicle after only one short run. The S651 servo that comes in the Infraction is only 7kg with a speed of .14 sec at 6 volts, and it has a mixture of steel and brass gears. The S652 is a 16.5kg servo with a speed of .10 sec at 6 volts, and it has all steel gears. I can up the voltage to 7.4 volts and get 18.9kg. The best part is it was free.

Also this morning, I replaced the stock Spektrum receiver with a Radiolink 6 channel receiver I had purchased as a spare some time ago. I wanted all the adjustability my Radiolink RC6GS radio system offers for my Infraction, so this was a no-brainer upgrade at less than $16. I'm still tweaking the settings for the best performance.

Still to come, a more expensive upgrade ($75). I've ordered the Arrma CNC steel transmission module that will replace the stock composite rear transmission module. The module will be installed shortly after it arrives this coming week.

I won't be posting any pics: everyone knows what an Infraction 3s looks like, and you can't see the changes I've made anyway.

Last edited:
Yesterday I received the GPS mount I found on Ebay, and I installed it. It's well designed: you can charge the GPS unit without having to remove it.

Infraction GPS Mount.jpg

Hoons 35/085 gold tires should arrive tomorrow.

That’s a pretty good mount, I have the same one. Only issue is spinning out and slamming into a curb ass first, which I’ve tried hard to avoid doing after the first time.

Have you adjusted the camber links? I had to open mine up 2 1/2 turns because it was burning the inside of the tires.

That’s a pretty good mount, I have the same one. Only issue is spinning out and slamming into a curb ass first, which I’ve tried hard to avoid doing after the first time.

Have you adjusted the camber links? I had to open mine up 2 1/2 turns because it was burning the inside of the tires.
The camber links on my Infraction are non-adjustable composite links. I have similar links on my Corally Radix6s.

Infraction links.jpg

The camber links on my Infraction are non-adjustable composite links.

Last edited:
The camber links on my Infraction are non-adjustable composite links. I have similar links on my Corally Radix6s.

View attachment 236084
The camber links on my Infraction are non-adjustable composite links.
Naw they adjust. Disconnect at the wheel and turn… left I think to loosen. Or maybe right I forget. You’ll see once you try. They are the same thing that’s on mine. If you don’t adjust them you’ll burn half your tires on the inside.

Would any of the 6S links fit the infraction 3S?

Naw they adjust. Disconnect at the wheel and turn… left I think to loosen. Or maybe right I forget. You’ll see once you try. They are the same thing that’s on mine. If you don’t adjust them you’ll burn half your tires on the inside.
It's a good thing you mentioned this: I have new Hoons Gold label wheels and tires coming tomorrow. They are a bit softer than the Elevens for more grip, and I would have hated to wear them on the inside prematurely. I reset the camber per your instructions: the rear camber was about half a turn worse than the front.

It's a good thing you mentioned this: I have new Hoons Gold label wheels and tires coming tomorrow. They are a bit softer than the Elevens for more grip, and I would have hated to wear them on the inside prematurely. I reset the camber per your instructions: the rear camber was about half a turn worse than the front.
Yeah that’s exactly why I was pointing it out. Of course mine came with the little Katar tires And after I upgraded it to brushless, I realized it was burning them halfway. I made sure to fix it before putting on hoons. I got two sets of white and two sets of silver during the sale. I prefer barely in control drifting over anything else so have loved the silver. They seem to last well also. Got 10 or 11 packs on them now with at least Half of them drifting around like crazy. I rotate them every other run either front to back or left to right (and front to back) alternatively.

The Hoons gold label wheels and tires arrived today, and as expected, it's raining here in southern Maryland. The test drive will have to wait. :(

All that is left to do on the Infraction for the immediate future is install the rear CNC steel transmission module when it arrives, which should be Wednesday or Thursday of this week.

The Infraction 3s BLX shock tower mounts have a place to mount a tower-to-tower chassis brace, and to me the chassis looks like it is unfinished without a brace. It bothers me enough that I ordered the chassis brace in the link below.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334504174982

For me, the center brace is not something I need, it's just something I want.

The CNC hardened steel transmission module arrived today, and I installed it immediately upon arrival. The new rear module appears to be shimmed perfectly from the factory, and after greasing the ring gear, it is a whole lot smoother and quieter than the composite one that came in my Infraction. I also installed the aluminum center driveshaft I forgot I ordered. I plan on eventually installing the CNC steel transmission module in the front of the Infraction, but that might have to wait.

The CNC hardened steel transmission module arrived today, and I installed it immediately upon arrival. The new rear module appears to be shimmed perfectly from the factory, and after greasing the ring gear, it is a whole lot smoother and quieter than the composite one that came in my Infraction. I also installed the aluminum center driveshaft I forgot I ordered. I plan on eventually installing the CNC steel transmission module in the front of the Infraction, but that might have to wait.
Which center driveshaft did you get? Hot Racing?

Last edited:
I got an unexpected small bonus from work in Thursday's payday, so I purchased the Arrma CNC steel geared transmission module for the front of my Infraction. It only took two days to come from Horizon, and I got it installed this morning. I did have to loosen the screws on the yoke just a hair to get better mesh on the ring and pinion gears, but that is a common occurrence with Arrma yokes. Now both my Typhon 3s and my Infraction 3s have smooth-running and strong metal-geared transmission modules in both front and rear.

The carbon fiber chassis stiffener I ordered previously also arrived, and I got that installed too.

FYI. You can bind 10 cars 1 radiolink radio..Best thing ever for having multiple cars...its real easy,an ya just gotta switch model on radiolink to car your gonna run...no more multiple remotes for me.

FYI. You can bind 10 cars 1 radiolink radio..Best thing ever for having multiple cars...its real easy,an ya just gotta switch model on radiolink to car your gonna run...no more multiple remotes for me.
I have a Radiolink RC6GS, and I replaced the stock receiver in my Infraction with a RCF receiver so I can run my Infraction 3s on the RC6GS radio. The Infraction is the fifth vehicle I have running with the Radiolink.

In summary, here is how my Infraction 3s stands today:

R6F receiver for Radiolink RC6GS radio system
Spektrum S652 servo
Hoons gold label wheels and tires
GNSS GPS mount
Arrma CNC steel geared transmission assembly, front and rear
Aluminum center driveshaft
Carbon fiber tubed chassis stiffener

I don't foresee me making any more significant mods in the near future.

In summary, here is how my Infraction 3s stands today:

R6F receiver for Radiolink RC6GS radio system
Spektrum S652 servo
Hoons gold label wheels and tires
GNSS GPS mount
Arrma CNC steel geared transmission assembly, front and rear
Aluminum center driveshaft
Carbon fiber tubed chassis stiffener

I don't foresee me making any more significant mods in the near future.
Have you taken it for a run since you’re finished all the upgrades?

Have you taken it for a run since you’re finished all the upgrades?
I got in a short run Saturday just to make sure everything was working properly. It has been raining off and on the last couple of days, and I haven't been able to get a long run in yet. I might be able to get a longer run this afternoon between the end of my workday at 3PM and the rain we expect around 5PM this evening. If not today, tomorrow is expected to be sunny all day and evening.

The new transmission modules are really smooth and quiet, and there's little chance of ever stripping the gears. I have had the CNC steel geared modules in my Typhon 3s for several months, and they have been awesome.

I got in a short run Saturday just to make sure everything was working properly. It has been raining off and on the last couple of days, and I haven't been able to get a long run in yet. I might be able to get a longer run this afternoon between the end of my workday at 3PM and the rain we expect around 5PM this evening. If not today, tomorrow is expected to be sunny all day and evening.

The new transmission modules are really smooth and quiet, and there's little chance of ever stripping the gears. I have had the CNC steel geared modules in my Typhon 3s for several months, and they have been awesome.
I built a couple of the metal diffs and put them in the rear of my Vorteks Thing and old yeller. They are fantastic. I’ve never worried about putting one up front. I have never had an issue with front differentials and try to keep the bashers some what light… But I can totally see how they would work good on a road car, having so much less resistance than the composite diffs.

If I remember right you will mostly be straight running the car so I can’t wait to see what speed to hit. I got mine up to 73mph before I turned it back into a parking lot basher. I just can’t visually track speeds above 60 right now. Once I get past these issues I’ll give it another try because my wife and I really wanted to hit at least 80.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back