Infraction Jim's Infraction 3s Build Log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't going to put the front module in, but this past Thursday I got an unexpected bonus on payday. I figured this would be the perfect time to put the front in and get it over with.

I wasn't going to put the front module in, but this past Thursday I got an unexpected bonus on payday. I figured this would be the perfect time to put the front in and get it over with.
Yup I saw that, pretty cool. I love it when I get unexpected bonuses.

If I were to put dual metal diffs in any car it would be my mini infraction. Not as worried about weight so much with it and they are definitely far smoother then composite diffs. I ordered a 4s metal differential off of Jennys the other day. Curious to compare it to The ones I built. It should be in today and then I will have all the parts I need to turn my favorite basher, Old Yeller, into a 4s car. I don’t plan to run it on 4s, just want a super tough wide stance 3S car.

I replaced the gold label Hoons with white label Hoons. After only two short runs, the gold labels showed signs of wear. I'll keep the white labels on for general street running, and I'll save the gold labels for special speed runs.

In summary, here is how my Infraction 3s stands today:

R6F receiver for Radiolink RC6GS radio system
Spektrum S652 servo
Hoons gold label wheels and tires
GNSS GPS mount
Arrma CNC steel geared transmission assembly, front and rear
Aluminum center driveshaft
Carbon fiber tubed chassis stiffener

I don't foresee me making any more significant mods in the near future.
New guy here again, I was just curious if this specific infra3s build is designed for speed or are they just upgrades that benefit the car in general (i.e.: durability, speed, control). I ask because I also want to add some upgrades to mine but I don’t know where to start or what to add to be honest. I personally like upgrading things for fun and to learn more about the hobby. Would love some advice on what upgrades do what and what I should focus on especially starting out.

New guy here again, I was just curious if this specific infra3s build is designed for speed or are they just upgrades that benefit the car in general (i.e.: durability, speed, control). I ask because I also want to add some upgrades to mine but I don’t know where to start or what to add to be honest. I personally like upgrading things for fun and to learn more about the hobby. Would love some advice on what upgrades do what and what I should focus on especially starting out.
Depends on what your looking for and what you wanna do!?

I don't do actual speed runs, but I do like to take it out on pavement and let it rip. I mainly upgrade for durability reasons, or in the case of steering servos, the stock ones are too slow and weak for me. The CNC steel diffs are a good example of an upgrade for durability: they are a lot stronger than the stock composite diffs and are less likely to strip. But they are expensive, and not for everyone. I'm in a situation where I can afford a lot of upgrades, so I tend to upgrade before things break rather than upgrading after something breaks.

I don't do actual speed runs, but I do like to take it out on pavement and let it rip. I mainly upgrade for durability reasons, or in the case of steering servos, the stock ones are too slow and weak for me. The CNC steel diffs are a good example of an upgrade for durability: they are a lot stronger than the stock composite diffs and are less likely to strip. But they are expensive, and not for everyone. I'm in a situation where I can afford a lot of upgrades, so I tend to upgrade before things break rather than upgrading after something breaks.
Would you say your car upgrades are not very beginner friendly or yes beginner friendly in terms of difficulty to install? Because so far I do like most of the durability upgrades you have installed and want to start with some of these. What do you think?

Most of my upgrades are fairly easy to install, but some require the removal and reinstallation of quite a few fasteners. For example, the CNC steel diffs require undoing the shocks from the shock towers; removing the upper gearbox cover; removing the driveshafts from the old diff; and removing the old diff module. Then you drop in the new module and put everything back together. It's not hard, it just takes some time. You need to look at the exploded views for the vehicle while you are working to make sure you aren't missing something, like forgetting to remove a fastener.

The servo isn't too hard to replace, but getting the servo arm in the right position can be tricky if you haven't done it before. If you don't center the servo arm well, you will have steering issues. There are great videos on YouTube for changing the servo in an Arrma 3s vehicle.

YouTube is your friend for RC repairs and maintenance: you can find a video for most anything you want to do on an Arrma vehicle. Just remember when searching for a task that most Arrma 3s vehicles are similar, and the same goes for most of the 6s vehicles, with a couple of exceptions. For example, the Infraction 3s has the same chassis as the Vendetta: if you don't find something under the Infraction 3s, look under Vendetta.

I hope this helps. I will be glad to help you further if you need me to.

Since my last post I've added a carbon fiber front splitter and chassis aero panels. My Infraction 3s now has the following mods:

Spektrum S652 servo
Hoons white label wheels and tires
Arrma CNC steel-geared transmission assembly, front and rear
Hot Racing aluminum diff yokes, front and rear
Carbon fiber tower-to-tower chassis brace
Carbon fiber front splitter and rear winglets
3D printed aero chassis panels
3D printed GNSS GPS mount

Since my last post I've added a carbon fiber front splitter and chassis aero panels. My Infraction 3s now has the following mods:

Spektrum S652 servo
Post a couple pics when you have time!

Spektrum S652 servo
Does it go any faster!!? 🤣

I recently replaced the stock Spektrum 100A ESC with a Spektrum 130A ESC that I purchased new from a RC parts breaker on Ebay (Jenny's was out of stock). I got the new 130A ESC because it has more options for tuning. The ESC came with a Spektrum 3800kv motor, which I will keep as a spare for now.

Here's a pic of the chassis with the splitter, rear winglets, and aero chassis side panels installed. I haven't had a chance to really run the Infraction hard due to the cold weather here in Maryland. I'm just getting things ready for warmer weather.

Infraction 3s chassis with skirts and splitter.jpg

The steel pivot balls from China finally arrived, and I installed all but the ones in the shocks. The shocks require a partial disassembly of the chassis to get to the lower mounting points, so I'm saving the shocks when I'm more in the mood to take the chassis apart.

The steel pivot balls from China finally arrived, and I installed all but the ones in the shocks. The shocks require a partial disassembly of the chassis to get to the lower mounting points, so I'm saving the shocks when I'm more in the mood to take the chassis apart.
Nice! Are you running the stock shocks?

Between the rain and the cold, I haven't had it out for a good run. As soon as it gets a bit warmer and dryer I'll do a couple of speed runs.
I got some stuff coming in.. hopefully we can test the waters out around the same time and compare and contrast!! Been wanting some more upgrades but also trying to limit my intake!!🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back