Kraton Jim's Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

The Old Guy
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Infraction 4x4
I'm slowly upgrading my Kraton 6s RTR. So far I have:

Radiolink R6FG 6 channel receiver
Hot Racing aluminum front chassis brace
Hot Racing aluminum rear chassis brace
Hot Racing aluminum center diff support
ARRMA EXB front and rear shock towers
ARRMA EXB shock standoffs
Hot Racing aluminum servo mount
Powerhobby 729MBL servo
Hot Racing aluminum 25T servo arm and fixed link
Hot Racing aluminum pillow ball hub nuts
ARRMA aluminum and steel center diff case
RPM front bumper and skid plate
RPM rear skid plate
Rear mud guards (no brand)
Hot Racing wheelie bar with ball bearing wheels

I have Hot Racing a Front/Front hinge pin and a Rear/Rear hinge pin mount coming tomorrow. I'm currently looking for replacement shock pivot balls since the Lunsford ones I ordered are too small. I've replaced the stock 100K center diff fluid with 300K, and I'm about to replace the front 10K diff fluid with 20K diff fluid. The next upgrade might be a Hot Racing aluminum gear box case for the rear. If I do that, I'll change the rear front hinge pin mount to a Hot Racing aluminum hinge pin mount.

Last edited:
BTW, the EXB shock standoffs are not all that. No better than the stockers IMHO. And in many cases you can change out the screws of the stockers and reuse them. The EXB's just snap and are bricked.. If you really want better, M2C standoffs are a bit better IMHO. Uses 4M screws.

BTW, the EXB shock standoffs are not all that. No better than the stockers IMHO. And in many cases you can change out the screws of the stockers and reuse them. The EXB's just snap and are bricked.. If you really want better, M2C standoffs are a bit better IMHO. Uses 4M screws.
If I were more of a hardcore basher I would consider the M2C stuff. I rarely jump my Kraton, so spending the kind of money M2C wants for their products isn’t something I’m interested in doing right now. If I do break something, M2C will be the first company I look at for replacements.

I got the Hot Racing aluminum front/front and rear/rear hinge pin mounts installed today and changed the fluid in the front diff from 10,000 to 20,000. More to come as additional parts arrive.

Yesterday I got the Hot Racing gear box installed in the rear, along with the Hot Racing rear/front hinge pin mount (I already had the rear/rear). As soon as the bearings for the steering linkage show up I'll be installing them along with the Hot Racing front/rear hinge pin mount. The build now looks like this:

Hot Racing (HR) aluminum front chassis brace
HR aluminum rear chassis brace
HR aluminum center diff support
HR aluminum rear gearbox case bulkhead
HR aluminum rear/rear and rear/front hinge pin mounts
HR aluminum front/front and front/rear hinge pin mounts
HR aluminum servo mount
Powerhobby 729MBL servo
HR aluminum 25T servo arm with fixed link
Steering linkage ball bearings
HR aluminum pillow ball hub nuts
RPM front bumper and skid plate
RPM rear skid plate
Rear mud guards (no brand)
HR wheelie bar with ball bearing wheels
ARRMA Dboots Backflip wheels and tires

Last edited:
Here are a few quick pics.
Kraton 6s front chassis.jpg
Kraton 6s rear bulkhead.jpg
Kraton 6s side view with dboots Backflips.jpg
Kraton 6s wheelie bar.jpg

Make sure you check all the screws on that wheelie bar. First time out using one of those I lost some hardware doing long wheelies and didn't realize it. By the time I noticed I couldn't find any of the screws that came out. That was my fault being a beginner.

I've only had my Kraton up on the wheelie bar a couple of times, but I was running on 4s. I have a new 6s battery coming to power a new Castle Mamba Monster X 8s 1650kv system due to arrive in a couple of days, and I'm sure the wheelie bar will be getting more use. 😁

I got the Castle Mamba Monster X 8s ESC with Castle 1717 1650kv motor and 16T pinion installed today, so I'm nearing the end of the upgrade journey for my Kraton 6s. I might put in a larger pinion (18T or 20T), but I think that's all I might do. The 6s battery I ordered didn't fit the stock battery tray, so I will be using 4s for the time being.

Mamba Monster X 8s 1650 system in Kraton 6s.jpg

The cable I ordered to use two 3s batteries with the Castle MMX 8s arrived today and I installed it. I also installed a Tekno 18T pinion that arrived Thursday. I would go out and test both, but thanks to the Nor'easter, here in southern Maryland the wind chill is 15F with winds of 20-25 knots gusting to 40 knots.

Here's a recap of where my Kraton 6s stands today.

Hot Racing (HR) aluminum front and rear chassis braces
HR aluminum center diff support
HR aluminum rear gearbox
HR aluminum gearbox cover
HR aluminum sway bar plate
HR aluminum front and rear lower hinge pin mounts (four)
HR aluminum servo mount
Powerhobby 729MBL servo
HR aluminum 25T servo arm with fixed link
Jim’s Bearings bell crank bearings
HR aluminum and Delrin hub nuts
Castle Mamba Monster X 8s ESC
Castle 1717 1650kv sensored motor
Castle 250mm sensor harness
Tekno 18T Mod 1 hardened steel pinion gear
RPM front bumper
RPM rear skid plate
Generic rear mud guards
HR wheelie bar with ball bearing wheels
dBoots Backflip wheels and tires
Spektrum 4s 5000mAh 100c battery (2)
CNHL 6s 5200mAh 90c battery (2)

Last edited:
Latest addition: Powerhobby 40mm 16,000 RPM Tornado fan on Powerhobby fan mount.

Hot Racing aluminum steering blocks are on order from my LHS, and they should arrive shortly.

Kraton motor and ESC.jpg

I installed the HR aluminum front steering blocks and rear axle carriers, along with new front CVD axles, rear stub axles, and hexes from Jenny's. Even with heat, I couldn't get the grub screws out of the factory installed hexes, so I removed the original steering blocks and rear axle carriers as units and replaced them with all new components.

Added today:

HR front gearbox cover
HR front sway bar cover
HR front upper hinge pin mount

I think I'm finally done with upgrades 😏, but I'm sure I'll find something else to add later on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back