Limitless Johnny's Limitless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prodrvr1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Well, this is the start of the fastest car I've ever had.
20201022_105421.jpg

Being that none of my land based r/c's ever went more than 50 mph, I'll be seeking a lot of advice. I do have a table that's slowly getting covered with stuff. I'll start the build once everything is here.

Wooohooo another speed guy!

If you have not purchased an ESC already please start off right with a MMX8s or XLX2 (assuming you want to go faster than 100mph)
I bought the MMX8s with the 1717
Here's the current parts list:
Castle MMX8s w/ 1717
Acer Racing ceramic bearing set
Radiolink RC6GS V2 w/ R7FG long range Rx
Kill Mode RC 13,200uF cap pack
Revolectrix Blend 420 Silver 4s 5000 70C packs (will be running 8s)
SkyRc GSM 020 gps unit
Hot Racing 34T pinion gear
Arrma 39T spool gear

Last edited:
Castle MMX8s w/ 1717
SkyRc GSM 020 gps unit
Arrma 39T spool gear
That’s a pretty good list. I’ve never heard of those lipos, so let us know how they work for you. Always looking for more lipo options. ??

Castle MMX8s w/ 1717
SkyRc GSM 020 gps unit
Arrma 39T spool gear
Well you are well on your way then!
That is a great setup to start with...

If you have not already check out Phillip Jolley's Limitless setup video and then Raz's speed run secrets video.
Both will be good info.

As a rule of thumb I do not run below 50 F. and over 7mph winds (unless it is a tail wind)

Being located in Florida you have some of the nation's best roads. I know there are some roads in the nature preserve areas where no cars can go through. Just have to keep an eye out for wild life!

That’s a pretty good list. I’ve never heard of those lipos, so let us know how they work for you. Always looking for more lipo options. ??
They are killer lipos. I use them in fe boats which have much higher amp loading than any onroad car, so I feel very confident about using them in the Limitless.

RevoElectrics makes some solid batteries. If you look back at SpeedRunners videos from a year or two ago it was a commonly used battery along with Turnigy Graphenes. Now it is all SMC V2 6400 packs, CNHL, and Panthers.

Well you are well on your way then!
That is a great setup to start with...

If you have not already check out Phillip Jolley's Limitless setup video and then Raz's speed run secrets video.
Both will be good info.

As a rule of thumb I do not run below 50 F. and over 7mph winds (unless it is a tail wind)

Being located in Florida you have some of the nation's best roads. I know there are some roads in the nature preserve areas where no cars can go through. Just have to keep an eye out for wild life!
I have to do some scouting for a good place to run this thing.

Finally got a chance to start taking this thing apart and making changes. This isn't gonna be a quick build lol I really wish they offered this car in kit form.

20201205_185813.jpg

Finally got a chance to start taking this thing apart and making changes. This isn't gonna be a quick build lol I really wish they offered this car in kit form.

View attachment 112692
I agree, I wish they made the Limitless as a kit, would much rather have built it myself instead of fixing the small, dumb Arrma mistakes that they come with
Castle MMX8s w/ 1717
SkyRc GSM 020 gps unit
Arrma 39T spool gear
Are you using a 39t spur with a 34t pinion like it says in your post? Stock Limitless spur gear is a 27t, I'm curious, why would you go so large on the spur if your building a speedrunner? Great equipment list by the way, the car will be fast.. I'm a fan of those revolectrix packs, I run SMC 6400 v2 but I want those revo batts too

Last edited:
Well, this is the start of the fastest car I've ever had. View attachment 106922
Being that none of my land based r/c's ever went more than 50 mph, I'll be seeking a lot of advice. I do have a table that's slowly getting covered with stuff. I'll start the build once everything is here.
I'm on the same path. just waiting for parts. it's all my pesky infractions fault

I agree, I wish they made the Limitless as a kit, would much rather have built it myself instead of fixing the small, dumb Arrma mistakes that they come with

Are you using a 39t spur with a 34t pinion like it says in your post? Stock Limitless spur gear is a 27t, I'm curious, why would you go so large on the spur if your building a speedrunner? Great equipment list by the way, the car will be fast.. I'm a fan of those revolectrix packs, I run SMC 6400 v2 but I want those revo batts too
I actually have a small collection of gears sitting here now lol. Gonna do a lot of testing.
As of now, I'm waiting on the cf chassis to become available again before I continue on this build. I also just got a Team Associated DR10 kit the other day, but that's not hitting the workbench anytime soon. Gotta get a lot of parts for that baby first.

This waiting for shipment crap is really sucking!! At least I got some parts in over Christmas. Won't know if my idea will work for a while longer.

20201228_205524.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back