Mojave Joined the Mojave 6s EXB family yesterday finally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxfan69

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Senton Mega
And have a question already for yall Mojave EXB owners. I was very specific with my LHS that I didnt want some old stock, and wanted to make sure I was getting the most recently updated Mojave available, due to the various issues Ive read about with last year’s version 1 RTR Mojave’s.

He assured me it was, and I did see on the shipping labels on the outer brown original box that it shipped to Horizon Hobby in July 2021 and then shipped to my LHS in August 2021, so it certainly “just got to him”. HOWEVER, I noticed another label only this evening that looks like the origin shipping sticker and its dated Nov 2020.

SO, basically this car is a year old already, and my question is; are any of you aware of any additional fixes or upgrades in the past 8 months to the Mojave EXB that I should be aware of that my evidently year old but brand new car could benefit from?

I will add that the box art shows the front and center diffs being Limited Slip, and Im pretty sure they did the rear diff also, just didnt make it on the art.

The rear diff issues were only present in the first batch of Kraton EXB vehicles that had open rear diffs and Arrma’s fix was to add the active plates to the rear diff in three lesser limited slip configuration. This was all sorted out by the time the Mojave EXB came out.

The only other thing I’m aware of is an upgrade to the wheels to add more ribs but that wasn’t exclusive to the EXB but also to the RTR colors.

Just the updated hexes. There's a new part # for the wheels with the thicker plastic.

Doesn't matter though, you'll strip them either way.

Not aware of anything else. Then again, I haven't done any research. All I know if you'll be happy.

The rear diff issues were only present in the first batch of Kraton EXB vehicles that had open rear diffs and Arrma’s fix was to add the active plates to the rear diff in three lesser limited slip configuration. This was all sorted out by the time the Mojave EXB came out.

The only other thing I’m aware of is an upgrade to the wheels to add more ribs but that wasn’t exclusive to the EXB but also to the RTR colors.
Did they adress the loosening wheel nut issue? That was big for the V1. Many complaints. Something I never encountered though with my V1.
Many thought it the wheel hub rubbing. Now there is a new wheel molding. Some said it was the hub axel hex spacing. I never had issues. I changed over to M2c hex adapters ultimately because I had them here already.

Exactly what @Engineer said. The F/R diffs will have the LS plates in them so you shouldn't have any internal diff issues. Check the oil levels for sure though!

Did they adress the loosening wheel nut issue? That was big for the V1. Many complaints. Something I never encountered though with my V1.
Many thought it the wheel hub rubbing. Now there is a new wheel molding. Some said it was the hub axel hex spacing. I never had issues. I changed over to M2c hex adapters ultimately because I had them here already.
As far as I'm aware, all Mojaves are shipped with the old wheel molding. The wheel spokes near the rim bind at the rear hubs and causes the wheels to loosen up. However, from what I gathered, if you buy a new pair separately, the chances are they'll be the ones with the updated mold

My wheels and hubs show plenty of wear marks... I even felt a slight binding when it was new but not so much anymore. I used the M2C hexes with their lock nuts from the get go to prevent the wheel from coming off

@mxfan69 if I were you, I'd order and fit the M2C hexes before you run the car, just in case you strip out a wheel's hex, regardless on whether the Mojave came with the updated mold or not

Exactly what @Engineer said. The F/R diffs will have the LS plates in them so you shouldn't have any internal diff issues. Check the oil levels for sure though!

As far as I'm aware, all Mojaves are shipped with the old wheel molding. The wheel spokes near the rim bind at the rear hubs and causes the wheels to loosen up. However, from what I gathered, if you buy a new pair separately, the chances are they'll be the ones with the updated mold

My wheels and hubs show plenty of wear marks... I even felt a slight binding when it was new but not so much anymore. I used the M2C hexes with their lock nuts from the get go to prevent the wheel from coming off

@mxfan69 if I were you, I'd order and fit the M2C hexes before you run the car, just in case you strip out a wheel's hex, regardless on whether the Mojave came with the updated mold or not
Sounds like a good plan

ARA550069 are the updated wheels.

Mine came with the updated version installed.

You should be ohk running 6s. If you go 8s, you'll need the M2C extenders and nuts. The plastic will still deform, but not to the point it'll strip out.

Couldnt help myself. when a new take off body with complete roll cage, interior, frt bumper, body clips and shipped for 90 bucks shows up…kinda gotta grab it. I REALLY like the red with my EXB red accents and grey wheels!
C3103D2E-5B1E-406D-A914-693D31D26347.jpeg

FA9BD477-E9AE-410B-8F92-CB7100666140.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back