Kraton JonDilly1974’s Kraton EXB Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I run out of stuff all the time... but I try to stay up on inventory as best I can. If I have it, it ships ASAP. If I don't it's listed as backorder and I'm working diligently on getting more ready to ship. I'm also an RC addict, and know what it's like to wait even a day for my packages. I don't want to put that hurt on anybody haha.

Nice, I just placed my order for the Engine mount, diff mounts, and brace w/ roll bar option. Thanks. Glad I read through @jondilly1974 build thread Before I went with an other brand.

Looks like quality parts and I cant wait to try out the engine mount adjustable screw for the slider.

Nice, I just placed my order for the Engine mount, diff mounts, and brace w/ roll bar option. Thanks. Glad I read through @jondilly1974 build thread Before I went with an other brand.

Looks like quality parts and I cant wait to try out the engine mount adjustable screw for the slider.
Looking to put a Hobbywing EZRun MAX6 V3 Sensorless Brushless ESC & Motor Combo w/5687SL (1100kV) in my EXB any known fitment issues?? any thing needed to mount getting back into hobby been away for a while. Thanks

Looking to put a Hobbywing EZRun MAX6 V3 Sensorless Brushless ESC & Motor Combo w/5687SL (1100kV) in my EXB any known fitment issues?? any thing needed to mount getting back into hobby been away for a while. Thanks

I posted a link in the other threads post with an electronic / motor setup thread for the exb. I’ve never used Hobbywing yet and would hate to give you the wrong answer. But theres tons of us with a lot more knowledge than me in the thread i posted in the other reply that could answer that quickly. Hope it works out for ya though.

The MAX6 will fit for sure, but that 56mm can will probably be too large for the stock motor mount. I have never tried a can that big, so you’ll want to find someone who has. I would probably go down to the 1650kv motor as plenty of other have that and love it. With a 1100kv motor, you’re going to have to gear up a lot or run 8S. I would prefer a higher KV motor on 6S to save weight.

The MAX6 will fit for sure, but that 56mm can will probably be too large for the stock motor mount. I have never tried a can that big, so you’ll want to find someone who has. I would probably go down to the 1650kv motor as plenty of other have that and love it. With a 1100kv motor, you’re going to have to gear up a lot or run 8S. I would prefer a higher KV motor on 6S to save weight.
Thanks 1650 out of stock but will keep my eyes out

What do you think of the max8 2200kv set up??
1650 fits with like barely any clearance on the stock mount. I can see where the ribs rub on the chassis when I take it out.
Thanks for info
Might want to look at an alternate brand. Maybe Surpass or Leopard. ??‍♂️
Thanks will keep looking

Very nice JD and kinda jealous.......well just a little! ?

What do you think of the max8 2200kv set up??

Thanks for info

Thanks will keep looking
The Max8/2200 combo would be about the same as a BLX185/2050 combo performance wise but will probably cost a bunch more.

Oh, I run out of stuff all the time... but I try to stay up on inventory as best I can. If I have it, it ships ASAP. If I don't it's listed as backorder and I'm working diligently on getting more ready to ship. I'm also an RC addict, and know what it's like to wait even a day for my packages. I don't want to put that hurt on anybody haha.
Got mine today! Thank you!

So what was the problem?
I believe my locking screw for the PPS motor mount stripped out and allowed my mesh to slip on a hard landing, which ate up the pinion. I ordered a new set from Bob that should arrive today. I also grabbed an 18T RRP pinion from my LHS. I was running a 20T but they only had 18T and 22T in stock. My Arrma 23T and 25T SafeD pinions won’t fit the 1717 shaft for some reason. Tolerances are too tight. All of my other gears slide on no problem.

Just wanted to commend ya on how quick you had my order shipped. I ordered it yesterday at 12:15pm and it shipped at 1:05pm ???. I should have it tmrw! Made my weekend haha

Well I wasn’t gonna pull the trigger on this one yet! After seeing all this good info on this thread, I couldn’t resist!? Got the last one at my LHS. Not in a hurry to complete the build, still waiting on the Infraction that’s been on back order for months!?
682B0F3D-3B43-45C0-9790-3C27DECE7DFC.jpeg
F44DC11F-6082-436C-A665-F05F55990F8F.jpeg
169B92C8-EDEE-4F4E-ADEA-AA5C9051F7F6.jpeg
1053F4FF-FAC4-44EA-9892-3C99360B8E09.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back