Kraton JonDilly1974’s Kraton EXB Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First thing he realized is money. Cant have enough of it in this hobby. It's never just... I'm only going to do this upgrade.. lmaooooo
More like crap. Where am I fitting all these cars at.

First thing he realized is money. Cant have enough of it in this hobby. It's never just... I'm only going to do this upgrade.. lmaooooo
That's what happened to me with RC planes...trust me when I say they need a lot more space! I am trying to pace myself with my Rc cars but it's tough. I have been whittling down my airforce so I can have more parking spaces. :ROFLMAO:

Lol no free parts. I’m just an average Joe like all you guys. As far as how much I spent, I prefer to never leave proof of that for my better half to find. She knows it’s a lot, but the actual number would be a problem. 🤣🤣🤘🏻🤘🏻
Ain't that the truth!

Not saying this is a cheap hobby, but there are worse...
IMG_9927.JPG

Its funny, fast and Angry. That is an awesome RC WEAPON. #RC4LIFE.

Got quite a few extra 660 fmj's, with some 750 beer cans in the foreground if you have a hungry fiddy...
I just need a few cases of 9mm

As far as how much I spent, I prefer to never leave proof of that for my better half to find. She knows it’s a lot, but the actual number would be a problem. 🤣🤣🤘🏻🤘🏻

We'd all spend less money if we were hardcore gambling addicts.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

The MAX6 w/ EzRUN 4986 1650kv fits like a my underwear. Nice and snug without any tears or mods necessary.

Any larger of a motor and you'd have problems.

Basically any HOBBYWING 5XXX motors would need new mounts or mods IMO.

HOBBYWING MOTOR NUMBERS are basically its size.

HW EzRUN 4986 = 49mm(diameter) × 86mm(length)
20210127_200553.jpg

Time for an update. I decided to purchase a @HotdogCustoms carbon fiber chassis for the EXB. I can easily bend the EXB stock chassis by hand. I have been running the Radical UK bashing bar, which is very thick and cannot likely be bent, but does add quite a bit of weight. Time to make this thing as light as a butterfly, sting like a bee! Total weight without a lipo is 12lb 5oz.

Mods done today:
@HotdogCustoms Kraton EXB/V5 chassis eBay Store Link
@Basherqueen F/R Shock Towers, Ackerman, & Steering Top Plate Link
Hot Raching Servo Mount HR Link (Stripped out screw in EXB mount)

Previous mods:
@3d-rc.myshopify.com 3D RC EXB Basher Front Bumper Support 3D-RC Link
@PPS-RC Motor Mount, CenterDiff Mount, Diff Cover, and MMX8S Fan Mount PPS Link
M2C Rear Shock Tower Brace M2C Link
eBay F/R Aluminum Hubs Front Link Rear Link
Hot Racing Wing Buttons HR Link
Arrma OC6S Wheelie Bar Arrma Link

Electronics:
Castle Creations MMX8S ESC Castle Link
Hobbystar 4092 1730kv Brushless Motor RC Juice Link
@phildogg Ripple Killer 8S Cap Pack RK Link
Hot Racing 50mm Motor Fan HR Link
Castle Creation B-Link Bluetooth Adapter Castle Link
Flysky FGR4 Receiver Flysky Link
Amazon DS3235SG Servo Amazon Link

IMG_9138.png
IMG_9135.png
IMG_9140.png
IMG_9142.png
IMG_9145.png
IMG_9146.png
IMG_9147.png
IMG_9136.png

IMG_2701.JPEG

Man that is so sweet, 😍 I really wanted one of hdc chassis for the talion build but couldn't justify $85 shipping!.

How's it handle now in comparison?
Haven’t ran it yet. Days are getting shorter. Might have time this weekend to charge a pack and test it out.

Haven’t ran it yet. Days are getting shorter. Might have time this weekend to charge a pack and test it out.
JD, you back to bashing? I might do the same. Wrecked the Infraction pretty bad today at 111mph. Not getting enough downforce on the rear end. Ready to put the fast cars up for the winter! Really wanted to get the Infraction over 140mph, but can't keep it on the road. 🤷‍♂️

Kraton looks great! (y)

JD, you back to bashing? I might do the same. Wrecked the Infraction pretty bad today at 111mph. Not getting enough downforce on the rear end. Ready to put the fast cars up for the winter! Really wanted to get the Infraction over 140mph, but can't keep it on the road. 🤷‍♂️

Kraton looks great! (y)
Thanks buddy. I would love to have time to bash but don’t know when that will come. Hoping it’s soon tho.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back