JonDilly1974 Hobao VTE2 Build Log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
Just getting everything together. Here is a list of initial parts:

Hobao VTE2 Roller
Castle XLX2 / B-Link / QS8S
TP 4050 3200kv
Saga CF XLX2 Mount
Hobao OP-0009 Rear CVDs
Flysky FGR4 / 600mm antenna / Temp sensor
DS3535 Servo
Futaba GYC441 Gyro
Arrma AR310449 Wheel nuts
Delta Plastik FC100 Body 2mm with HiSpeed wings
Candy Blue & Candy Yellow backed with Base Cover White Duratrax paint
Turnigy Graphene Panther 5000mah 4S x 2 (parallel 4S to start)
Set of BSR Purple
Set of GRP GTJ03-XM5

Really wanted to use a bigger motor (1717 or 1721) but the 50mm motor mount is sold out.

A0C7BDA8-F522-4BEE-A1AE-C770CA01CD31.jpeg

5E571B33-4FB2-43BE-B335-4C31A014DE10.jpeg

ABA79235-75CE-4C56-815A-E71BF3ECEBCE.jpeg

😍 Sweet build bro! Is this going to be a 4/6s build or you going to eventually go to 8s when the motor mount is available?
Yep parallel 4S until I max that out, then maybe a 1721 and 8S after that. No hurry.

Keep it on the black stuff..!! no cornfields 😉
Eagerly waiting to see what you can accomplish with this 👍🏼
Good luck.
I think I’ve given up on that stretch of road. Too big of a crown, too much wind, and of course the cornfields that gobble up cars. I’m gonna hunt down some new spots. Plenty of great roads, just have to find out when they’re less busy. Some are really well lit at night, so I might take that up.

I think I’ve given up on that stretch of road. Too big of a crown, too much wind, and of course the cornfields that gobble up cars. I’m gonna hunt down some new spots. Plenty of great roads, just have to find out when they’re less busy. Some are really well lit at night, so I might take that up.
Ugh. "Plenty of great roads". Wish I had that problem. :pMine has more crown than I'd like but I'll adapt. Wish I could find out where the Innovation RC road is. I might make the trip.

Ugh. "Plenty of great roads". Wish I had that problem. :pMine has more crown than I'd like but I'll adapt. Wish I could find out where the Innovation RC road is. I might make the trip.
Absolutely! Brandon has a great road.

When I say I have a lot of good roads, that means the condition and width. However these are very busy roads most days. I might have to pull a Phil and get up at 3AM to beat the traffic 🤣

Absolutely! Brandon has a great road.

When I say I have a lot of good roads, that means the condition and width. However these are very busy roads most days. I might have to pull a Phil and get up at 3AM to beat the traffic 🤣
I’m not that committed. Lol. I know he’s a bit north of me but I just can’t find the road on Google maps.

Wondering if my TP 4050 3200kv is going to hold up long in this setup. It is measuring out as 3800kv after I had to swap the rotor. The original shaft snapped off a long time ago and it was now too short to get a pinion on with the Hobao motor plate. Maybe by the time I finish this build the 50mm mount will be back in stock and I can just run a 1721 or a 4080.

You're still luckier than me..!! Our roads are 💩 and short, I've all but given up on speed runs unless I move house 😩
Think I'm going to go back and concentrate on drag runs ( easier to find short roads 🤣🤣 )

You're still luckier than me..!! Our roads are 💩 and short, I've all but given up on speed runs unless I move house 😩
Think I'm going to go back and concentrate on drag runs ( easier to find short roads 🤣🤣 )
Heck yeah you can almost do drag hits in a parking lot if it’s flat.

Build is coming along. Got some skirt and diffuser work to do, paint the body, and make a test pass. Might be ready for next weekend.

12CC4342-E7EE-4B80-8136-4D9578D8AFEF.jpeg

71D1F20F-5294-48B9-9B5A-529993E3DD70.jpeg

It’s so clean it looks like something’s missing… 😮
I still need to figure out where to put an antenna mast. I’m thinking about mounting it to the rear tower. I just need to figure out a mounting system.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back