Infraction JonDilly1974 Infraction V2 Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my @ss slept in 🤣 so be tomorrow lol. Just sucks as I usually have about a 2hr window from about 9:30 to 11 where it's calm enough, so if I don't get up early enough and get packs charging I'm SOL. But all good always another day and like to make sure I'm not rushing or forgetting anything👍🏼
I’m sitting here watching the Bears game and the sun just poked out. Maybe I will get another pass today 🤔🤔

I’m sitting here watching the Bears game and the sun just poked out. Maybe I will get another pass today 🤔🤔
Lmao, don't risk it and have a big setback possibly brother! You broke that 6ft thick 140 mph glass ceiling now take your time. I think I'm going to start walking a bit further down twords my start to push it back even more as 140+ eats up road damn quick! And good luck next week my Raiders are coming for some bear skin rugs🤣

Lmao, don't risk it and have a big setback possibly brother! You broke that 6ft thick 140 mph glass ceiling now take your time. I think I'm going to start walking a bit further down twords my start to push it back even more as 140+ eats up road damn quick! And good luck next week my Raiders are coming for some bear skin rugs🤣
I just got it all figured out so I’m willing to risk it. My rigs have NEVER ran this good. Time to push it. Winter will come very soon and I will sit all winter wishing I would have tried just one more time. I don’t have the luxury of running year round.

I just got it all figured out so I’m willing to risk it. My rigs have NEVER ran this good. Time to push it. Winter will come very soon and I will sit all winter wishing I would have tried just one more time. I don’t have the luxury of running year round.
Ya I hear ya the Limitless has been smooth as butter since the Pinocchio spool change and we're already hitting mid to low 30's in the AM. Been running in like 60's last week or two and with fall comes bad winds for us. Also hoping and praying we see some good snow this year as we need it soooo bad! Was an absolute fluke I was able to start speed running in January this year for sure. I just want to hit that 150mph goal at least and I'm only 6mph away and have better packs now also👍🏼almost wouldn't be surprised if next pass with the 6000's I pick up half of that.
Also looked like you were running full length shafts in the Mojave is that right? If so have you considered a Pinocchio spool to see if it helps as you seen I had that damn issue and with the new spool change and shorter rear shaft it made a world of difference. Just a thought as sucks seeing you struggle with it as you where smashing it and then dropped back down.

Ya I hear ya the Limitless has been smooth as butter since the Pinocchio spool change and we're already hitting mid to low 30's in the AM. Been running in like 60's last week or two and with fall comes bad winds for us. Also hoping and praying we see some good snow this year as we need it soooo bad! Was an absolute fluke I was able to start speed running in January this year for sure. I just want to hit that 150mph goal at least and I'm only 6mph away and have better packs now also👍🏼almost wouldn't be surprised if next pass with the 6000's I pick up half of that.
Also looked like you were running full length shafts in the Mojave is that right? If so have you considered a Pinocchio spool to see if it helps as you seen I had that damn issue and with the new spool change and shorter rear shaft it made a world of difference. Just a thought as sucks seeing you struggle with it as you where smashing it and then dropped back down.
The front shaft is the long shaft on a Mojave so a Pinocchio spool isn’t needed. But I have considered one for the Infraction. I might just make one myself. I have all the stuff to make it.

The front shaft is the long shaft on a Mojave so a Pinocchio spool isn’t needed. But I have considered one for the Infraction. I might just make one myself. I have all the stuff to make it.
OK 👍🏼 ya I'd bet it makes a difference as I was blown away to pick up +7 from mine and possibly even more as I have only ran the one 8s pass so far with it. I'll be ecstatic if I see 150 next pass with the 6000's but realistically only expecting another 2-3 for 146+ but have to see hopefully tomorrow. Hoping like earlier this year things keep going smooth and I keep smashing PB's but it's a whole different ball game running 140 and up for sure.

If wanna try my Pinocchio noseclap (or a mod verson) feel free to ask. ;)

05D5FBBB-30FB-4CB5-8746-817302801D99.jpeg

Well the time has come to say goodbye to the 1717-1650 motor and transition to the TP 5650-1920 motor. I believe I damaged the 1717 today when I forgot to turn my motor fans on. I plugged the shorty lipo in but failed to flip the switch on. Motor only hit 118F during the actual pass but I was rushed getting turned around as a car was coming my way. I forgot to turn down the CH Speed initially and that might have caused an issue. I quickly dialed it off, and nearly spun it out, pedaled it, got it straight, and brought it back. Lesson learned, just put it off to the side and wait out the approaching car.

So looking at the TP and gearing, I will need to gear down since the new motor is a 1920kv vs the 1650kv. Looks like a 29T might end up being slower than the current 36T pinion I ran today, but I would rather err on the side of caution with a new motor and build back up again. One good baseline pass on 29T will tell me how to calibrate my calculator going forward and the second pass could be back in PB range.

Long winded rambling post. TLDR I am going big block.

image.jpg
Come to find out, the smallest pinion I can run on the PPS 30mm mount with a 56xx can is 33/39. So I believe this will be as fast or faster than the previous setup using the 1717-1650 36/39. And to be honest, the mesh on 33/39 is a tad loose for my normal standards but I want to try and keep this first pass as gentle as possible. All the time in the world to push it past 143mph.

View attachment 172557Come to find out, the smallest pinion I can run on the PPS 30mm mount with a 56xx can is 33/39. So I believe this will be as fast or faster than the previous setup using the 1717-1650 36/39. And to be honest, the mesh on 33/39 is a tad loose for my normal standards but I want to try and keep this first pass as gentle as possible. All the time in the world to push it past 143mph.
I guess you'll find out soon enough anyways right🤘🏼 I just went to a 36t myself😉 should hopefully see about 146-148 I'm thinking being conservative at 1-2mph per tooth increase👍🏼
20211004_223624.jpg

So I made another pass today with the Infraction. Since the last pass I swapped out the XLX2 for a new one and topped off the rear diff with 500k. Here are the results

FC1922A7-3667-4043-B483-CA3D9457B2AE.png

3BE6AAFB-11F4-4840-B824-6E010222A9F9.png

Not sure why I never made a build thread for the Infraction V2 but here we go. This has been built over the last year or so from parts, so this is iteration 1000000000000 🤣🤘🏻

View attachment 145575
View attachment 145578
View attachment 145576
View attachment 145577

Lets see how much I can remember:

Castle XLX2
Castle 1717-1650
PPS full setup, motor mount, diff mount, diff cover, handbrake mount (removed)
King Hobby (eBay) F/R Aluminum chassis braces
Scorched RC F/R spools, eBay (Mugen?) center spool
CRCU 8mm Ti center driveshafts
CRCU 0 degree rear C Block
RCAWD F/R CVD driveshafts
HOOY Aluminum front splitter
Luxury CF side skirts
Luxury CF rear winglets
Custom made rear wing by Basherqueen
Flysky FTR10 rx
Flysky Thermal Probe (motor)
DS3235SG servo
Arrma AR727410 droop screws
GRP S1 Silver 1/8 Revo tires
QS8E connectors
SkyRC GSM020 GPS
All camber at about -1 degree
All caster neutral
Nice Build! How would you say your tires compare to the stock ones?

Nice Build! How would you say your tires compare to the stock ones?
Hoons are pretty useless IMO. They make great ice skates. OK if you just want to drift around.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back