Judges welcome..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nkarr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Senton Mega
I got this bug body from my recent purchase of cars. I'm very new to the rc and hobby world. Been wanting to practice for the bodies I ordered for Christmas. How did I do? I can see the obvious things. Any secrets yall can share?

Topcoat of pearlescent white with metallic blue stripes are pearlescent white. Bright Grey with black backing to finish it off.

Will post a few more once my son is done with finishing decals. Had a video but appearantly you can't post it in the 22nd century of the internet.

20221217_221031.jpg

20221217_215731.jpg

Practice makes perfect..👌.. so your heading in the right direction.. I'd suggest fine line tape for crisp line edges.. liquid mask is really nice stuff to have around as well....

One tip I would suggest is in your white pearl.. If your after just the pearl pull the can waaaay back 18-20" or more and let the spray fall down on it.. move the can the length of the body at a decent speed, start and stop your spray before and past the body.. This will prevent the blotchiness you see...👍

Dry coats are clean coats.. when you paint the inside of a lexan body you don't want to load the paint on until it "sheens" several dry coats will yield better pearl dispersion.. applying coats that are to wet will "pearl bunch" or "pearl puddle", looking blotchy...

This will apply to any color, any brand.. any coat, even the backer color if you use one..👍

Make sure you leave the factory applied mask on the outside as well..only peel it after your done spraying..👍

Keep at it man, you will be good in no time..✌️

I was wondering what that blotchyness was coming from. I thought it was from being not "clean enough" from washing the body. But yes the pearl is what I was shooting for.

*runs to rc shop and buys liquid tape*
I did get some thick and thin Tape. The super thin was hard to work with this time.

Thin light layers... I get excited and put more paint on that intended.

Thanks for the reply.
If I don't like how a body come out, can I just clean it he paint off with mineral spirits of will that just burn the body?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back