Jump Ramp Build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raynist

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Notorious
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Talion
  11. Typhon 6s
In the process of building a jump ramp. Thinking 35 degree launch angle. Any suggestions? I am looking for longer jumps vs higher jumps.

For jumping longer instead of higher you will want a long ramp with a low angle, 35* might still be a bit much, maybe 25-30* with a 6 foot runup.

Pretty sure 45° is the perfect angle for distance, you just need more speed!

16BDCF6E-246B-41BB-A4BB-B7B7A8EDF95B.jpeg

Thanks! My yard slopes down from the end of my driveway to the end of the back yard. Maybe 8ft drop over 80-100ft

Thanks! My yard slopes down from the end of my driveway to the end of the back yard. Maybe 8ft drop over 80-100ft
Send it bro!! ?

Here’s a pic of my ramp, it’s 4’W, 4’T, 6.5’L and has a 45° angle.
A45F9C1C-80E1-4B49-8CCD-7A80C2BC9BE0.jpeg

Last edited:
Pretty sure 45° is the perfect angle for distance, you just need more speed!

View attachment 103165
This is based off of going 15mph, do you know if this scales with speed? And off topic but I never knew the Evil Kenevil stunt cycle went that fast.

I’m not a physics engineer, just a stupid carpenter. ?
I would assume it scales up with speed. If it’s good enough for Evil Kneivel, it’s good enough for me. ?

Am engineer, can confirm 45° is the ideal launch angle for distance regardless of speed (projectile motion). (y)

Equations for those interested in the derivation: Wikipedia Maximum Distance of a Projectile

Assuming a 45° ramp, if you know your vehicles speed you can roughly predict jump distance with by d= v^2/g. "d" being distance (ft or m), "v" being vehicle speed at the ramp (f/s or m/s), and "g" being gravitational acceleration (32.2 ft/s^2, or 9.81 m/s^2). I landed a double back flip the other day at 60 foot distance, and worked out I hit my ramp at about 30 mph, so definitely room for improvement at higher speed!

Air resistance isn't taken into account, but it should be reasonably accurate for these sizes and speeds.

That a nice looking ramp! 4' long by 3' wide (45°) is the biggest I can fit into my sedan trunk with the seats down, bigger is definitely way easier to hit at speed.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back