Kraton Jumping Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miklo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey guys I have a question.
Bought some ramps and started jumping my kraton on 4S battery.
No problem jumping on half throttle but if I floor it all the way to the jump it nose dives almost every time and I'm not hitting the brakes at all. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
I beat the crap out of it today trying to figure it out
PS didn't break anything either very surp

Honestly I
I do not know.
It's version 4 rtr I bought 2 weeks ago.
How can I tell?

Oh, ok. The BLX185 doesn’t have the drag brake option but if it did it would be found in the settings menu and be changed the same way as you change punch setting and brake strength.
Does it roll freely on the ground?

One thing to note though is the Kraton needs a little throttle to stay level in the air....

Oh, ok. The BLX185 doesn’t have the drag brake option but if it did it would be found in the settings menu and be changed the same way as you change punch setting and brake strength.
Does it roll freely on the ground?

One thing to note though is the Kraton needs a little throttle to stay level in the air....
Yes rolls fine

So the only difference is the amount of throttle you were applying? Were you releasing throttle in the same spot on the jump each time?

I know I always needed to stay in the throttle slightly to keep my Kraton level in the air.

The difference is Im starting back further,
Trying to get as much speed as I can and keeping the trigger fully engaged until I hit the jump then let off. I have also tried staying on the throttle once I hit the jump to see if it would stay straight but I'm noise diving every time.
If I I give it full throttle and let of before the ramp to slow a little turn hit it at the ramp it lands fine but doesn't get the air in trying to get since I let off. I see these vids of people hitting the jumps with a full head of steam and I can't figure out why I can't and land it

The difference is Im starting back further,
Trying to get as much speed as I can and keeping the trigger fully engaged until I hit the jump then let off. I have also tried staying on the throttle once I hit the jump to see if it would stay straight but I'm noise diving every time.
If I I give it full throttle and let of before the ramp to slow a little turn hit it at the ramp it lands fine but doesn't get the air in trying to get since I let off. I see these vids of people hitting the jumps with a full head of steam and I can't figure out why I can't and land it
What you need to know is the YouTube guys like Rich and Eric have YEARS of practice and have fine tuned and heavily upgraded their rigs. Don’t worry about super big air until you get a better feel for air control at lower speeds. You will be a pro in no time. ??

No problem jumping on half throttle but if I floor it all the way to the jump it nose dives almost every time and I'm not hitting the brakes at all. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Mine nose dives too. I'm going to put heavier shock oil in the rear shocks. Probably something like 70wt. Usually that helps with the nose diving by reducing it. That's been my experience with my RC vehicles.

My guess is it's the angle of the ramp. If it's too sharp, your shocks will compress and kick the vehicle forward. I struggle with this as well, but a smooth transition seems to make all the difference. Try setting the punch all the way up and don't mash the throttle until you approach the ramp... If you're wanting to flip it, this should help

Do you have any video? Or pics of the ramp? This might help us diagnose your problem ?‍♂️

You are letting off to much off the ramp. Your wheels need to be spinning the same speed they leave the ramp to maintain its level flight. You let up at all and it will nose down.. stop trying to hit it all out. You need to land a 15mph approach before you can even think of landing a 40 mph approach. You have way less correction at full speed then you do at half. Your ramp can also play a part if it doesn't have enough lead up . Start slow and move further back with each pack. It isn't something you are going to be good with overnight. Good luck and bash on?

Gear up or jump to 6s.

you need more wheel speed in reserve to bring the nose up once you take flight.
This is one of the reasons I don’t run on 4s, not enough left on the table for in-air corrections imo

Gear up or jump to 6s.

you need more wheel speed in reserve to bring the nose up once you take flight.
This is one of the reasons I don’t run on 4s, not enough left on the table for in-air corrections imo
Very correct. That's why most jumpers gear for 70 to 80 mph. We will not usually ever see that. It's for faster corrections. Also at first turn your brake setting lower. 50% is way to much when you first start out. I seen many people mess up bad by slamming the brakes and end up in an uncontrollable spin that usually ends in an expensive trip to the lhs.

Very correct. That's why most jumpers gear for 70 to 80 mph. We will not usually ever see that. It's for faster corrections. Also at first turn your brake setting lower. 50% is way to much when you first start out. I seen many people mess up bad by slamming the brakes and end up in an uncontrollable spin that usually ends in an expensive trip to the lhs.
That sounds vaguely familiar ??

In my modest jumping experience - yes, go 6s or at least gear up. I installed the optional pinion the other day and boy does it help with jumping. My initial thinking was that I don't need more speed than stock 6s, but like @Lovestricken says you want that extra wheelspeed for air control.

Also, approaching at WOT won't work. Gotta keep it at let's say 80%, then pin the throttle 100% as you're practically on the ramp.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back