Talion junk alert hot racing wing mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny504

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
installed it on my talion ran once and the wing screws rattled loose. blue loktite wont hold them..one semi hard landing and they bent...worthless..just installed the rpm mounts..they seem better hopefully they hold up
IMG_0638.JPG

In other news, water is wet! ?
Seriously though, you don't want a metal wing mount or A-arms for that matter. It will just transfer the energy to something else that will break instead.

In other news, water is wet! ?
Seriously though, you don't want a metal wing mount or A-arms for that matter. It will just transfer the energy to something else that will break instead.
Very true .. any bad landing can go even further than the shock towers .. diff case ..and the hardware on the way.. but with all that said I still love the look of a nice metal wing mount ?‍♂️
installed it on my talion ran once and the wing screws rattled loose. blue loktite wont hold them..one semi hard landing and they bent...worthless..just installed the rpm mounts..they seem better hopefully they hold upView attachment 107130
They will .. same reason as you shouldn't use any metal a arms
Guess thats the reason carbon fiber parts are good .. they strong but flex at some point

Very true .. any bad landing can go even further than the shock towers .. diff case ..and the hardware on the way.. but with all that said I still love the look of a nice metal wing mount ?‍♂️

They will .. same reason as you shouldn't use any metal a arms
Guess thats the reason carbon fiber parts are good .. they strong but flex at some point
I actually want to see how carbon fiber does on a basher. Could change the game. Would also be very light which is really good for literally every aspect

This is a well known topic.
Reason for the rear wing and wheelie bar is to act like a shock absorber for bad landings. You do not want it to hold up, it's a sacrificial item. If you use stronger materials you will damage the next weaker item in line which are more expensive or complicated to replace.

The HR mount is fine and carbon fiber items exist but don't use them on a basher unless you are guaranteed to have a perfect landing every time.
You are just asking for trouble otherwise.

Couldn't tell by the pic, what is it? Link?
Comment stands though, if you want a wheelie bar it's probably great, just don''t use it for a basher and land on it. It will break, that is what is supposed to happen it's a pure shock absorber for that application.

The car drove away with no damage but has been shortened as my children run in to flip the car over.
After snapping the second stock Wing Mount I installed the GPM Wheelie bar. It has save me $$s multiple times. I’m yet to have a single diff issue with this car but I might just be lucky?‍♂️

B5869E78-795A-40AC-9660-6D9C6E3296A1.jpeg

6EA94F9D-67D5-433A-84EB-B07117F3850A.jpeg

Have you ran an Aluminium Wing Mount on your cars before? If so what issues did you experience??
Take a look at post #1 for issues. Others ended up bending shock towers or break the diff housing, the force will need to go somewhere.
You can still do all that with plastic mounts but they act like a buffer and prevent the majority of bad damage.
If you are only on straight ground and actually use it for wheelies and such they are good, just not for landing on them.

I never did because I didn’t want to spend 50-60$ on something I knew would be destroyed if I had a bad landing
How would you know if you’ve never ran one? Did you watch the video I posted? I think most people would call that a bad landing and the car still drove away.

When upgrading plastic parts that break frequently, most alloy options are Never the answer. It just expensive bling. There are exceptions however, like the Bulkheads and rear brace spacers. The stock wing mount is plastic for a reason. RPM is one other option. And its not metal.

Take a look at post #1 for issues. Others ended up bending shock towers or break the diff housing, the force will need to go somewhere.
You can still do all that with plastic mounts but they act like a buffer and prevent the majority of bad damage.
If you are only on straight ground and actually use it for wheelies and such they are good, just not for landing on them.
I too was hesitant on running an Aluminium Mount for the same reasons. I was even using brass screws to secure the bar to the shock tower as it’s a softer metal but they continued to snap so I went back to the stock bolts.

You don't have to try something when you (or I) know it's a bad idea.
Nobody is saying they are 'not strong' or 'don't look good', we are just saying that is where the advantage comes to an end and it's downhill from there.
Just one bad landing and it's a cracked diff housing leading to undiscovered damage and with a blink of an eye you are in the $100 region of damage. You simply do not have that issue with the plastic version.
Many have tried but nobody (over time) has ever recommended them for that reason.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back