Kraton Just a bit of loctite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grasshopper72

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 6s
So I've read in several threads about the copious amounts of threadlock being used on the 6s line. Guess I had my first encounter while rebuilding my diffs. In the end I got them apart. I was too determined to let the car win.

Oh and I found out that parts get super hot when heating them over the stove.?‍♂️

Attachments

• 20200605_225314.jpg
    20200605_225314.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 20200605_225327.jpg
    20200605_225327.jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 53
I bet I haven't done mine yet I have a tekno 16T I will be installing once I get my fan any tips?
Your talking about the diff Pinion my bad I need to do the motor one which will probably be my hardest to do lol
I have a little torch I like to use when needed couldn't imagine using a stove? That's crazyness well done to get it to work tho ?

Last edited:
You gotta heat the cup with a torch or something and use a punch to drive the pinion into the housing. They can be a real bear!!

@Grasshopper72 You should come down for ramp day tomorrow!! I posted about it in the MN thread.

You gotta heat the cup with a torch or something and use a punch to drive the pinion into the housing. They can be a real bear!!

@Grasshopper72 You should come down for ramp day tomorrow!! I posted about it in the MN thread.
thank you for this! i torched to get the grub out. i'm banging on the pinion with a punch and it's not moving. then i combined the heat and punch and bam out came the pinion.

Last edited:

I used the something. The stove...lol Just was super careful not to warm the housing to much and warp it. I thought about getting one of those little butane torches but not sure it'll "pack enough punch".

I used the something. The stove...lol Just was super careful not to warm the housing to much and warp it. I thought about getting one of those little butane torches but not sure it'll "pack enough punch".
I see a lot of guys using the little butane torches, or soldering irons.

I use a torch from Harbor Freight and it works very well. Also a 40w soldering tool works if I leave it sit for a while on the culprit screw.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back