Kraton Just a few thoughts about my first Kraton 6s after deciding it over the 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custnam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Well as I said in the X-Maxx killer thread after the release of the 8s Kraton I decided to go with the 6s and spend the extra money on upgrades. And after finally unboxing it I can honestly say my first thought was "WOW thats larger then I thought it was". Then realized just how much larger the 8s would have been. Would have needed a much larger work space. And 2nd thought was "That is one beautiful RC truck". I had no idea it looked that awesome in person. I hadn't seen one out of the box until then. I am currently waiting on a ton of upgrades, aluminum, T-Bone, and RPM stuff. Im working on a build thread for that. But in the mean time I just wanted to post something here to say I am officially in the Kraton club and LOVE IT!!!

20191125_023229.jpg

Last edited:
I had a similar experience with the blue V4 Kraton. Great choice!
It is a large RC (certainly larger than 1/8 scale)

It is amazing how good it handles, wheelies, speeds, and jumps. Other than the radio and excessive red Loctite use it is great.

Thats one of the first things I did was remove the Spektrum system to install my Flysky FS-GT5.
Just checked out your build thread and noticed that. Seems like you have a solid plan for that Kraton!

I don't think you need to upgrade anything out of the box aside from changing the radio but then again it's your truck and your cash. I myself didn't pay $700 CDN for a RTR RC just to have to upgrade it right away :D If that were the case I would have bought a Tekno Truggy Kit. It's the love of the hobby that counts. Good luck with your Kraton, hands down the best RTR out there.

I don't think you need to upgrade anything out of the box aside from changing the radio but then again it's your truck and your cash. I myself didn't pay $700 CDN for a RTR RC just to have to upgrade it right away :D If that were the case I would have bought a Tekno Truggy Kit. It's the love of the hobby that counts. Good luck with your Kraton, hands down the best RTR out there.
I agree, assuming you are not sending the truck to the moon on jumps.
I never changed anything other than the radio and diff fluids on my Kraton and it performed amazingly for me.

Well for me half the fun of the hobby is the upgrades, repairs, etc. So thats why. (y) ? :cool:
Absolutely!
It is hot rodding in a scale version.

I think there is a culture on this forum, that you have to do all these upgrades. I think it scares some people away and gives the impression the RC is weak. My point is that you don't HAVE TO for general use.

With that said I do upgrades to all my RCs. Big motors, ESCs, aluminum, carbon fiber, etc.

Absolutely!
It is hot rodding in a scale version.

I think there is a culture on this forum, that you have to do all these upgrades. I think it scares some people away and gives the impression the RC is weak. My point is that you don't HAVE TO for general use.

With that said I do upgrades to all my RCs. Big motors, ESCs, aluminum, carbon fiber, etc.

I see what your saying. I didnt do all these upgrades because I thought these were parts that were going to break. A lot were just for looks, etc. But if making it look cool also makes it stronger than why not??

Well as I said in the X-Maxx killer thread after the release of the 8s Kraton I decided to go with the 6s and spend the extra money on upgrades. And after finally unboxing it I can honestly say my first thought was "WOW thats larger then I thought it was". Then realized just how much larger the 8s would have been. Would have needed a much larger work space. And 2nd thought was "That is one beautiful RC truck". I had no idea it looked that awesome in person. I hadn't seen one out of the box until then. I am currently waiting on a ton of upgrades, aluminum, T-Bone, and RPM stuff. Im working on a build thread for that. But in the mean time I just wanted to post something here to say I am officially in the Kraton club and LOVE IT!!!

View attachment 55245
Looks awesome !!!! I agree with you totally , I was waiting til the release , I am on the fence of which one to get , that blue looks great !!!! Seeing it makes me want to go get one right now !!! LOL After owning/bashing/breaking a Typhon and Talion , if I decide to get the 6s , I would upgrade it just like you right out of the box before the first drive (RPM arms all around , aluminum chassis braces and rip out the radio )

I think the V4 Kraton is awesome looking, my favorite 6s. I agree if you're not sending to the moon you don't need to fully upgrade everything, but it's cool to do upgrades and wrench on it. Like a real hotrod you just can't leave it alone, it's like a sickness to make it stronger, look better, perform better, try different things. It's wicket fast OTB, flys like a flying fruitcake, and a blast to drive. Can you tell I love the 6s Kraton!

The only drawback is sitting here while its all torn apart waiting for the parts to arrive. To save money this time I ordered almost all the aluminum from Ebay/ China and saved a ton. But of course that takes forever. But thankfully my Notorious is 100% running, upgraded, tuned, and ready to go. So its not all that bad. Just started raining here. Guess its time to do some hydroplaning!! Hope the ripped tire on my Notorious holds up. About a 1/4 of the outer tire ripped straight off the rim. So super glued it. Should hold but we shall see.

The only drawback is sitting here while its all torn apart waiting for the parts to arrive. To save money this time I ordered almost all the aluminum from Ebay/ China and saved a ton. But of course that takes forever. But thankfully my Notorious is 100% running, upgraded, tuned, and ready to go. So its not all that bad. Just started raining here. Guess its time to do some hydroplaning!! Hope the ripped tire on my Notorious holds up. About a 1/4 of the outer tire ripped straight off the rim. So super glued it. Should hold but we shall see.
Thats why it's always good to have a back up. I would dread only one rig to run. Don't know your plan for bumpers, but Tbone has a 40 to 50% off sale for Black Friday, starts Thanksgiving 6pm. Actually started a thread for it.

Thats why it's always good to have a back up. I would dread only one rig to run. Don't know your plan for bumpers, but Tbone has a 40 to 50% off sale for Black Friday, starts Thanksgiving 6pm. Actually started a thread for it.

Thanks I got that email too. I already have RPM front on my Notorious with TBR chassis skid. And ordered the RPM front, TBR chassis skid, and TBR rear bumper for my Kraton.

Thanks I got that email too. I already have RPM front on my Notorious with TBR chassis skid. And ordered the RPM front, TBR chassis skid, and TBR rear bumper for my Kraton.
Cool ?

I have 3 backups. ?. Broke two of the 4 in one day. Minor things though jumping them on a small ramp on concrete. You just have to get those landings right.

yeah im getting my front and rear kraton bumpers on black friday

I would get the 6s over the 8s also. At 5th scale I think you've crossed over into the area of diminishing returns compared to a well running 8th scale car.. What does a stock 6s Kraton weigh, 15 pounds or so? The 8s is 9 pounds heavier, that's a lot of performance robbing weight. I would think the 6s outperforms the 8s in every way

I would get the 6s over the 8s also. At 5th scale I think you've crossed over into the area of diminishing returns compared to a well running 8th scale car.. What does a stock 6s Kraton weigh, 15 pounds or so? The 8s is 9 pounds heavier, that's a lot of performance robbing weight. I would think the 6s outperforms the 8s in every way
You don't buy a 1/5 scale because it performs better than a 1/8. You buy it because it's big ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back