Talion Just a li'l bug!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers @EsotericRC
The only thing ah was sure of starting this build was it'd be a bug. Started with a mojave, all the bits mounted on a kraton chassis. The rear tower whichever ye choose is irrelevant as it hangs oot the arse end. The front tower tho dictates the height of the shell. Here a pic of it sat on top of the mojave shocks.
View attachment 234031

View attachment 234032
The front was way too high for me anyways! Just wasn't how ah'd pictured it goin. With this being ma first custom build wasn't too sure how to get it doon, posted on here an @Rcproponent suggested tryin talion towers.
Couldn't find any second hand stock ones cause impatience so ended up with Scorched titanium! Like ye do! 😉 At this point it made sense to source talion shocks too which is basically why it ended up a full talion. View attachment 234033View attachment 234034
Thats more like it! 😁
So in the end, just personal preference, call it a spare parts build even tho ah didn't technically own the spares at the time! Suspension wise obviously it just behaves like a talion.
I can overlay kraton towers with the mojave ones later if its of any help?

It does look much better with the body sitting lower, much closer to the front bumper. Has a great stance like that. Hmm...Hadn't previously considered the height of the front shock towers and how they will affect the height of the front of the bug body. Just ordered a Baja Bug body so that I can start test fitment of the body on my Kraton V5 and see what sacrifices I am willing to make. Thanks for the added insight!

@EsotericRC Here's a mojave front tower over a kraton one. The mojave holes line up perfectly with the lowest ones on the kraton tower.
_20220805_144817.JPG

Sure the body to bumper gap was around 12mm on the mojave mounted one but obviously in use, ye wouldn't have it resting on top. Needs a skosh of a gap at least!
There's always a way tho! 😁

Last edited:
@EsotericRC Here's a mojave front tower over a kraton one. The mojave holes line up perfectly with the lowest ones on the kraton tower. View attachment 234039
Sure the body to bumper gap was around 12mm on the mojave mounted one but obviously in use, ye wouldn't have it resting on top. Needs a skosh of a gap at least!

@Acidsnow … you’re giving me ideas, this always ends expensively 🤣🤣

@Acidsnow … you’re giving me ideas, this always ends expensively 🤣🤣
Full of the good ideas me Brian, ah've got all the ways just ain't got the means! 😄

Havin said that ma next stretch typhon mongrel thing was missing a few parts, using a different body allowed me tae buy them all for less than a typhon shell. Justified! 😉

@EsotericRC Here's a mojave front tower over a kraton one. The mojave holes line up perfectly with the lowest ones on the kraton tower.

Thanks for the comparison pic. More to mill over, heh. Just anxiously waiting for the body to get here so I can figure out which way i'm gonna go...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back