Talion Just a li'l bug!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Matt05, first multi colour paint job ahve done so it's way better than ma initial expectations. Gonnae try liquid mask on the next one tho!

Right, this ends now. Honest!
The wing, aye, the endplates are still in green, worked wi the DR8 but an abomination here!
_20220606_144655.JPG

So, quick colour change is in order, a root around the stickers box and came up wi this
_20220613_003426.JPG

Naw, just naw! Was ma lass that came up wi this, a valiant effort but ah'm thinkin it looks like it belongs on Harry Potters blazer. Kept ma mooth shut at the time an gave it a heavy coat of lookin at.
Looked aboot at other wings but liked that the kraton wing was the right width for the bug shell.
_20220606_144617.JPG

Just a bit far away from the shell mind. Flipped the top wing mount around, brought it closer an that's more like it, endplates looked even bigger noo tho!
Continuing the rear arch line gave up the lower edge and the wing shape dictated the top, anythin in between was fair game so it became this
_20220612_001924.JPG

Stickers are like that cause that's how they are!
_20220615_184240.JPG

Havin that! 😁

Only bits left from the start of the thread are the shell and wheels but ye know what happens to spare parts around here! 😉 New build incoming!
That's what always happens to me too..!!

Tell self 🤔 just keep the spares as spares... 2 hours later I'm building something new 🤣🤣🤣

This is partly your doin @BashingBrian
Seen your rally car an fancy doin that with ma mojave runnin gear while the body gets the chop.
Only beef is ah've a kraton chassis, no a swb one so a stretch typhon seems to fit the bill for now. The rally cars an itch ah've got tae scratch tho!
What wheels are on yer subaru typhon?

Dunno how ah missed yer reply Brian!
Thems the ones, look perfect on yer subaru, are they any good?
@Acidsnow
To be honest I never ran them 🤣🤣 changed the rally car into a drag car soon after 🤪
I will say one thing about them is they feel soft and grippy almost like a race spec tyre compound, but hey they could turn out to be 💩😂

You're worse than me! 😉
Wonderin tho if soft an grippy also translates tae soft an rippy? Got GRP's today, quality seems a wee bit questionable but a'body seems to get on wi them ok so that'll have to do me for now.
Ma tamiya delta remains the only rally car in the shed.
For now! 😁

Sheesh, how did I miss this build?……just seeing it now.
Amazing work @Acidsnow
Really really nice. The ability to interchange parts to make a monster rig is what makes this hobby great.

cheers,
kev

Loving this build. The mongrel Kraton/Talion suspension, the Baja Bug body, the paint, the custom skid plates, everything. Good Stuff. Think I might have to fabricate some longer skids for my Kraton...

Question though...how much shorter are the Talion shock towers (as compared to the Kraton ones), and how much travel do you lose (if any) by going with the shorter shocks and shock towers? I wanna run the Baja Bug body, but would prefer to keep the Kraton towers and shocks if possible. Need to order a Proline Baja Bug Body already so that I can at least start the fitment process of the body on my Kraton...

Last edited:
Cheers @EsotericRC
The only thing ah was sure of starting this build was it'd be a bug. Started with a mojave, all the bits mounted on a kraton chassis. The rear tower whichever ye choose is irrelevant as it hangs oot the arse end. The front tower tho dictates the height of the shell. Here a pic of it sat on top of the mojave shocks.
_20220804_135015.JPG

_20220804_135041.JPG

The front was way too high for me anyways! Just wasn't how ah'd pictured it goin. With this being ma first custom build wasn't too sure how to get it doon, posted on here an @Rcproponent suggested tryin talion towers.
Couldn't find any second hand stock ones cause impatience so ended up with Scorched titanium! Like ye do! 😉 At this point it made sense to source talion shocks too which is basically why it ended up a full talion.
_20220804_135119.JPG
_20220804_135159.JPG

Thats more like it! 😁
So in the end, just personal preference, call it a spare parts build even tho ah didn't technically own the spares at the time! Suspension wise obviously it just behaves like a talion.
I can overlay kraton towers with the mojave ones later if its of any help?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back