Just a quick WOW after driving my Arrma's for the 1st time. Notorious and Typhon 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custnam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
OK. As mentioned in my intro post I was a "T" guy for awhile and just got back into RC. I started off with the new Rustler 4x4 VXL. There wasnt really anything wrong with it per se, but Ive always had my eye out on this new Arrma brand. Well one day after seeing some Notorious videos I fell in love with that RC and immediately posted my Rustler up on Ebay. As soon as it sold I bought the Notorious. Before I even drove it I had done some research about upgrades, (the awful radio), etc. So I started upgrading it with RPM, TBR, and a solid aluminum servo mount, as well as swapping out the radio before it even touched the ground. I went with the Flysky GT5 for the radio and bought 2 receivers because I was already eyeing the Typhon 3s for my 2nd Arrma. So I got a great deal on a new Typhon 3s and basically did the same thing with it installing the new receiver for the GT5 and a bunch of RPM and TBR stuff just like I had done with the Notorious.

Well I finally got out and drove the Typhon first and WOW I did not expect that kind of power and SPEED from 3s. It completely blew away the Rustler in stock form. I kept thinking to myself while driving it "If this is this fast on 3s what is the Notorious going to be like on 6s?" Id say about 90% of all my previous RC's were 1/10th scale. The only other 8th scale I can think of that I had was the Duratrax 835e. So I wasnt really prepared for what happened when I took the Notorious out for the first time. Within 10 seconds or so I had completely flipped it and it skidded on the roof about 20 feet down my street. Tearing up the wing, and showing the first "Real Steel" marks on the roof. So while I adjusted to it I decided to take the punch level down to 2. When reading how to adjust this I read that it CAN GO TO 9??? WHAT???o_O I could barely keep the wheels down at level 4. I cannot imagine what 9 would be like.

Anyway I just thought I would post my thoughts on my first runs with my first 2 Arrma's. I can now 100% say that Arrma has won me over. Awesome products, tough build, way cooler style, and of course a great forum. ;)

PS: My first warranty request went super easy with Horizon as well. Told them what parts I needed with my receipt attached to the email, and got an email with tracking for the parts I needed shortly after. Great service. Now Horizon just needs to dump that Spektrum radio for the next line up and all will be perfect.

OK. As mentioned in my intro post I was a "T" guy for awhile and just got back into RC. I started off with the new Rustler 4x4 VXL. There wasnt really anything wrong with it per se, but Ive always had my eye out on this new Arrma brand. Well one day after seeing some Notorious videos I fell in love with that RC and immediately posted my Rustler up on Ebay. As soon as it sold I bought the Notorious. Before I even drove it I had done some research about upgrades, (the awful radio), etc. So I started upgrading it with RPM, TBR, and a solid aluminum servo mount, as well as swapping out the radio before it even touched the ground. I went with the Flysky GT5 for the radio and bought 2 receivers because I was already eyeing the Typhon 3s for my 2nd Arrma. So I got a great deal on a new Typhon 3s and basically did the same thing with it installing the new receiver for the GT5 and a bunch of RPM and TBR stuff just like I had done with the Notorious.

Well I finally got out and drove the Typhon first and WOW I did not expect that kind of power and SPEED from 3s. It completely blew away the Rustler in stock form. I kept thinking to myself while driving it "If this is this fast on 3s what is the Notorious going to be like on 6s?" Id say about 90% of all my previous RC's were 1/10th scale. The only other 8th scale I can think of that I had was the Duratrax 835e. So I wasnt really prepared for what happened when I took the Notorious out for the first time. Within 10 seconds or so I had completely flipped it and it skidded on the roof about 20 feet down my street. Tearing up the wing, and showing the first "Real Steel" marks on the roof. So while I adjusted to it I decided to take the punch level down to 2. When reading how to adjust this I read that it CAN GO TO 9??? WHAT???o_O I could barely keep the wheels down at level 4. I cannot imagine what 9 would be like.

Anyway I just thought I would post my thoughts on my first runs with my first 2 Arrma's. I can now 100% say that Arrma has won me over. Awesome products, tough build, way cooler style, and of course a great forum. ;)

PS: My first warranty request went super easy with Horizon as well. Told them what parts I needed with my receipt attached to the email, and got an email with tracking for the parts I needed shortly after. Great service. Now Horizon just needs to dump that Spektrum radio for the next line up and all will be perfect.

It won't be long from what I see so go ahead and get the Talion next. ?? This is my vote.
Glad you're here ???

Had a rustler 4x4 too 27mph was so slow on 2s now i have an arrma 4s and i go 35mph on 3s and i suppose same thing for a 3s rig
You need to strap a 4s lipo in that 4s truck and say goodby to 35 mph. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back