Just a rant about Castle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Otherside

Huh?
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
Got the 17 series MMX 8s motor and ESC combo.

Motor failed 2nd run.

They made me pay shipping after spending $350 on the combo.

Sent them an email saying it's BS and I wasn't happy and they completely ignored me and replied with a "thanks for sending the tracking and RMA info".

Now I have to wait for them to get it, fix it and send it back. Like, just send me a MF'n NEW ONE AND ILL SEND YOU THE JUNK ONE!!??

I'm frickin irritated. I get everything has a bad batch potentially, but damn... Not sure I'll buy Castle again.

Thanks for letting me rant :)

They are a private company, and in America, you don't have to do business with them. If their business model shows it is more profitable to blow off customers on the service side and continue raking it in on new sales, then that's what they are going to do. They already got your money, didn't they. Now you're asking for them to give some of it back in service and support for what, for you to be happy? Businesses don't care if you're happy. They care if they meet their projected profits. A sucker and his money will soon be parted is written on a gold plaque in their headquarters lobby. My advice to you is to drop your expectations just like they've dropped their commitment to make it right. We need consumer protection regulations in this country so that we're not taken advantage of at every change in policy or at every bait-and-switch transaction. Tomorrow, they could drop support for the MMX8 without notice, because they can. Oh, that's an old model, we no longer support it. Yeah, unregulated capitalism isn't as great as Ayn Rand would have you believe.

Got the 17 series MMX 8s motor and ESC combo.

Motor failed 2nd run.

They made me pay shipping after spending $350 on the combo.

Sent them an email saying it's BS and I wasn't happy and they completely ignored me and replied with a "thanks for sending the tracking and RMA info".

Now I have to wait for them to get it, fix it and send it back. Like, just send me a MF'n NEW ONE AND ILL SEND YOU THE JUNK ONE!!??

I'm frickin irritated. I get everything has a bad batch potentially, but damn... Not sure I'll buy Castle again.

Thanks for letting me rant :)
Doesn't Hobbywing do the same?

Castle has been one of the few companies that has fallen head over heels to provide top-tier customer service at every turn, and with almost everyone I know that has had interaction with them. I have even been directed straight to their software engineering department when an issue I had couldn't be resolved over the phone by one of their techs. I get the frustration, but I feel like there is something missing from the story we are getting here.

They are a private company, and in America, you don't have to do business with them. If their business model shows it is more profitable to blow off customers on the service side and continue raking it in on new sales, then that's what they are going to do. They already got your money, didn't they. Now you're asking for them to give some of it back in service and support for what, for you to be happy? Businesses don't care if you're happy. They care if they meet their projected profits. A sucker and his money will soon be parted is written on a gold plaque in their headquarters lobby. My advice to you is to drop your expectations just like they've dropped their commitment to make it right. We need consumer protection regulations in this country so that we're not taken advantage of at every change in policy or at every bait-and-switch transaction. Tomorrow, they could drop support for the MMX8 without notice, because they can. Oh, that's an old model, we no longer support it. Yeah, unregulated capitalism isn't as great as Ayn Rand would have you believe.
Not gonna lie, I wasn’t sure where you were going at first but by the end I was ready to pick up a pitchfork and start marching on the castle with you.

I am no American consumer law expert.

But in this 'high end' application it's actually not hard to blame most cases on user error. It's more common than not. It's quite easy to make a motor fail with an unlimited esc like the mm8xs.

In my experience castle support is very lenient and helpful.

My xlx2 burnt like 5th plugging it in....I research an learn as much as I can before buying.i bought the xlx2 noting what could an did happen.want the best of the best its just something we'll all have to work throu till it all gets figured out.nothing compares to the power of the xlx2. I just bought another one an bout to send other to CC.

16217112050581325509471668564900.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back