Infraction Just another "Mega" project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got finished had to work today!!

Bath ✔
50t spur ✔
Camber set ✔
HR saver ✔
Rain ❌
Figures!!😡

20220917_173827.jpg

20220917_171807.jpg

20220917_171841.jpg

20220917_171833.jpg

20220917_171820.jpg

Next on the list, tierods.. think i found some.. Shocks, haven't decided which ones yet, wheel hex's, still deciding 12 or 17, servo.. wait for this one to burn out and get my 6 dollars worth!! 🤣
Tires, of course I gotta smoke these, and then idk, get the gearing sorted and upgrade to metal diffs and spur, oh and def @Smilinbri center driveshaft for sure!! Gnss case too!!
Ugh what a money pit!!

20220917_175527.jpg

Last edited:
So I got a few passes in before it got dark, went ahead and bashed around for a few in between runs so I could monitor temps, didn't think to bring my gun but once again it stays relatively cool, I'm now at the point where the finger check is getting hot!! Should be good to go so I guess I'm gonna gear it up!! 💯

Wasn't really the numbers I wanted to see but I guess I'll take it!! Keep climbing this hill, the cash hill!! 🤣

20220918_195453.jpg

20220918_195917.jpg

Screenshot_20220918-195242_RC Gears.jpg

Was the 62 MPH with the 3200KV motor, 50T slipper, and the 27T pinion gear?

If you want more speed.. the 3900 has more top end, might see a spike in temps depending on what size pinion you go with on it, I'm still running relatively cool, or warm rather.. so I have some room to gear it up!! 😎
True. I haven't fried an egg on mine yet but I do not run for very long at a time 3-4 passes with a short break in between. Once I get as much as I can out of it speed wise I will be gearing down but for now the quest to 💯 takes priority. I'm working on cutting up a PM To fit the HUGE pinions I bought!
Hold my beer and watch this!

True. I haven't fried an egg on mine yet but I do not run for very long at a time 3-4 passes with a short break in between. Once I get as much as I can out of it speed wise I will be gearing down but for now the quest to 💯 takes priority. I'm working on cutting up a PM To fit the HUGE pinions I bought!
Hold my beer and watch this!
Yea.. I was bashing in between and still was able to touch it, was able to drain 2 lipos back to back so I should be good for a couple more teeth, or 5!! 🤣

Dumb question... do you plan on trying out the 31T or 32T pinion gear with the 3S set up that you currently have?

I tried a 34/55 combo with the stock mega slipper with a Firma150/2050combo and melted the spur/slipper first full throttle. Ate the gears up too! Lesson learned. I probably had the mesh too tight!
Haa!!
Poor mega spur 🤣
Be mindful of your diffs as well!! Especially if your gonna go steel

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back