Infraction Just another "Mega" project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
So I have already posted on other threads but figured I'd start my own!! Have it all mocked up pretty much!! First of all the diffs are junk if u ask me!! But what can u expect with a "mega".. almost 0 free roll, they bind up like my girls panties!! Guess I'm gonna shoot for the 4s diffs!!

Ordered some stuff from jennys but the heat sink for the 4s is a little big.. gonna need a 30t pinion!! 🤣

I also wasn't clearly thinking and decided to throw a blx 100a in it I had nib laying around, ordered the sr6110at and it dawned on me today when I got home and seen it.. the blx doesn't have the smart plug.. (Homer's "D'oh)!!

Gonna order some tires, HR servo saver with fixed link, HR wheel hex's and might give the cheapo servo a try and see how it performs.. I will say I was happy to see bearings in the bellcrank.. also thinking about shocks, splitters, tierods, cvd's maybe and whatever else I find!!

Any tips or tricks are welcome.. Bash on bro's!!
Ps: motor leads look korny as hell!!

20220827_153036.jpg

20220831_224256.jpg

20220901_174413.jpg

20220901_194345.jpg

Good luck with the build. I have a new Infraction 3s, and I have already upgraded the diffs to the Arrma CNC steel geared modules and aluminum center driveshaft for more durability. I also put on Hoons gold label belted tires for better traction. I’m not a fan of Spektrum electronics: I may eventually replace the ESC and motor, possibly with a Castle Mamba X and 3800kv motor, but I’m not in a big hurry to do that.

Good luck with the build. I have a new Infraction 3s, and I have already upgraded the diffs to the Arrma CNC steel geared modules and aluminum center driveshaft for more durability. I also put on Hoons gold label belted tires for better traction. I’m not a fan of Spektrum electronics: I may eventually replace the ESC and motor, possibly with a Castle Mamba X and 3800kv motor, but I’m not in a big hurry to do that.
Well hey bud, if you keep them nice u know ill take them!! 🤣
I'll have to check that driveshaft out.. what spur you running!?

Well hey bud, if you keep them nice u know ill take them!! 🤣
I’ll keep you in mind: I removed a Spektrum motor and ESC from another vehicle, and I sold the set in nearly new condition for a good price.

Sorry to hijack your thread 🤷‍♂️ but I'm also about to start my Infraction mega to 4s build and was wondering.....

I have a new Infraction 3s, and I have already upgraded the diffs to the Arrma CNC steel geared modules and aluminum center driveshaft
Is this the diff you got and it'll fit the mega?
Screenshot_20220901-230813_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Sorry to hijack your thread 🤷‍♂️ but I'm also about to start my Infraction mega to 4s build and was wondering.....

View attachment 240698
Yes, those are the modules I have in two 3s vehicles. The Arrma web site shows it fits into the 3s BLX and the Mega vehicles.

Yes, those are the modules I have in two 3s vehicles. The Arrma web site shows it fits into the 3s BLX and the Mega vehicles.
Thanks!!! I got the 50T spur for the Mega (stock is 55T). Appreciate the help!!

Thanks!!! I got the 50T spur for the Mega (stock is 55T). Appreciate the help!!
The Vendetta and the Infraction 3s both come with a 50T spur and a 3900kv motor vice the 57T spur and 3200kv motor used in the other Arrma 3s vehicles. What surprises me is the Vendetta and Infraction 3s both use the same slipper assembly as the Megas, not the one used in the other 3s vehicles.

View attachment 240698
Jennys has the 4s ones for like 37 and the 4s spur for like 54 i think!!🤔

Jennys has the 4s ones for like 37 and the 4s spur for like 54 i think!!🤔
Dang it. I Couldn't fine em there. Probably should have looked harder and longer! 😂

O yeah, my mega's front barely had any and the rear had a smidgen of grease......just dumb
It’s normal man. Shocks and diffs. If fully filled they’d just leak and bust seals from pressure changes anyway (as I discovered when taking an rc on a flight in my checked luggage 🙄).

Did you or @Velodromed open up the 4s diffs when u got them.. fluid is barely up to the sun gear on the fr mega diff!!

View attachment 240831
I don't have the 4s diffs, I have the optional 3s CNC steel-geared diffs, which are also an option for the 4s vehicles. I have the Hot Racing aluminum yokes coming early next week, and I plan on opening the new diffs to check the fluid level and change the weight of the fluid in the front diff when I install the yokes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back