Kraton Just Bash It Chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not yet but im sure ill be opening diffs pretty soon!! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: thanks for the heads up!!!!(y)(y)(y) and most certainly agree with that prediction!!

I am pretty sure that is the combo I have been waiting on. I didn't think the motor was out in the states yet. Let me check something real quick.

Edit: Yup, that's the motor. Where is that vendor located? One thing to note: The motor comes with a temperature port but the current Max6 cannot take advantage of it. They are releasing a V3 Max6 that will have the sensor wire like my Max 10 SCT does. Not sure when that is coming out though.

That combos not located stateside yet, I already checked this past Monday. Looking at 2 week lead time even tho express option says sooner. I never got a straight answer where exactly it would be shipping from but I assume Asia. So far Asia Germany France and Italy have stock but first North American supply is on an ocean container headed this way, and due to arrive any day.

The stock Arrma motor mount will not work unless you raise it up off the chassis 4mm. I've got a solid aluminum plate designed that works with the stock motor mount and raises the whole motor mount and center diff up to clear (on CAD), but until I get the 4985 in hand, I don't see the need in cutting a prototype out, especially if I need to tweak a measurement or two.

But this would be a definite upgrade to the original Kraton motor/ESC? What I'm thinking, is to install this setup in my Kraton, then put the Kraton setup in my 3S Typhon..... win win ???

Its a substantial increase in power over the stock BLX system and will probably be absolute hell on the driveline, especially crown and pinion gears in the diffs. More so than the long can 40/42's but nowhere near the weight of going with a 56mm can like the 2028 which I was at one point considering.

If it gets too bad I may send a few gears out to be cryogenically treated and see how those hold up.

The stock Arrma motor mount will not work unless you raise it up off the chassis 4mm. I've got a solid aluminum plate designed that works with the stock motor mount and raises the whole motor mount and center diff up to clear (on CAD), but until I get the 4985 in hand, I don't see the need in cutting a prototype out, especially if I need to tweak a measurement or two.
Thank you Duke, for the knowledge on that.

Just a few points on the t-bone racing stuff.

The front bumper will start to pull the screws out of the diff at the front, I fitted longer screws and basically glued them in to stop it coming out. The design is annoying to get to the front screws of the car too, you petty much have to take the bumper of each time you check the front top hinge pins.

The rear bumper is not bad, but as someone suggested, good the move it up out of the way a bit, also get some ca and glue the wheels onto the hubs on the wheelie bar, they come off easily and are very hard to find when they leave the car at 60mph. I ended up modifying mine to use the outcast wheelie bar wheels, it's a better set-up now.

Can you just run a smaller pinion to help keep temps down for now?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back