Just Bash It rear tower body mount issue on Notorious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
Just finished installing the new tower and realized the body mount sits way too low. The mount is too short to raise it high enough and I might have to drill a hole in one of those extras that comes in every box. Anyone else run in to this problem or am I just missing something. Thanks in advance
15603955933942696236255971013224.jpg
15603956113593959480147226285333.jpg

You have rear tower only or both? Could balance be off much there / or is there a couple mm of difference in height somewhere that wasn't before?
edit: I guess I'll have to need those towers now too. You guys keep showin em off and they look sexy

I haven’t had any problems when I’ve done mine, but I’ve upgraded both towers at the same time. That said I’ve always had more difficulty getting the back pins in on a bashed body. That rear always seems to bend up after a few hard rear landings. Hope that helps good luck.

Man that tower looks huge in the photo and yeah the body post doesn’t look as high as mine with the Hot Racing towers I put on my Outcast. I mean you can change the body posts out to the longer set that came with the rig. That would be my only thought.

Is hardware included in the kit? This looks clean (y):
View attachment 40769
No hardware, and I had to use cap heads in there, the only screws I have that are long enough, instead of flats. My mounts are drilled straight through with a lock nut on the end. I wish I had longer flat head screws, because that hole is counter sunk. I'll likely switch them out in the not too distant future. I used those longer posts that come in the kits, but had to drill a new hole in both to sit them down a little lower. I also re drilled the holes for the clips to make them a little easier to get in and out. Problems solved.

15603984525207870922186707783226.jpg

The body sits a hair higher in the back now, but not that noticeable. Since I mostly bash alone ? I guess I'm the only one that will ever notice. All done!
20190613_000753.jpg

I think a lot of us on here bash alone. It's hard to find family or friends that want to be in the same hobby. I talk to co-workers, family and friends about my Kraton, even let some of em take it for a spin, but all I hear is "that's cool" or "I'll have to get one" but that's as far as it goes. Nature of the beast I guess.

If I was in Canada, I'd bash with you all day just to see who'd break more parts.

No hardware, and I had to use cap heads in there, the only screws I have that are long enough, instead of flats. My mounts are drilled straight through with a lock nut on the end. I wish I had longer flat head screws, because that hole is counter sunk. I'll likely switch them out in the not too distant future. I used those longer posts that come in the kits, but had to drill a new hole in both to sit them down a little lower. I also re drilled the holes for the clips to make them a little easier to get in and out. Problems solved.

View attachment 40770
The body sits a hair higher in the back now, but not that noticeable. Since I mostly bash alone ? I guess I'm the only one that will ever notice. All done! View attachment 40771
Your more than welcome to join me and LORENZO when we go out

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back