Just blew brand new diffs in one run...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You put a shim(s) OUTSIDE the bearing. Cram as many as you can and still have a tiny bit of backlash on the input pinion. Just like when you set your motor pinion mesh, you want just a tiny bit of play. The smallest amount you can get before there isn’t any play.

I was referring to this way of doing it, but the result is probably the same result both ways:

I was referring to this way of doing it, but the result is probably the same result both ways:

Shimming the input gear takes a lot more effort as you have to remove the input cups to add shims, where shimming the output cups you can simply slide another shim over them.

Shimming the input gear takes a lot more effort as you have to remove the input cups to add shims, where shimming the output cups you can simply slide another shim over them.
Only true when the diff outdrives are new once they are worn out you will need to destroy the shims to remove them. Using larger shims from the 3-4s diff for the crown gear no more bending those tiny shims while putting the diff case cover back on . You will have to dissasemble the diff no matter what

Only true when the diff outdrives are new once they are worn out you will need to destroy the shims to remove them. Using larger shims from the 3-4s diff for the crown gear no more bending those tiny shims while putting the diff case cover back on
Ive found the outdrives are easy to bend back into shape when they flare out. ??‍♂️

They don't seem to be available right now but I picked up a set of the M2C outdrive cups a couple months ago.

Not sure why they arent on the site anymore, regret not picking up a bunch of sets just to have them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back